ANY seat for a 4 year old, what would it be?

todzwife

It looks like I finally convinced DH to get a minivan, which means I can get DD a new seat based on functionality, comfort etc. instead of just getting a Radian XTSL because it's the narrowest.

SO...help me choose a new seat for my 4 YO. She'll be 4 in January. 31/32 pounds 36/37 inches. I'm tempted to get a myride and RF her a little longer, but she gets car sick. Right now she's in a FF Marathon.

ADS

Louisa

CPST Instructor
I'd still get the radian too, i guess if i was sure i wasn't gonna rf i might go for a frontier, but still probably a radian

henrietta

I'd still do the Radian....you can rearface her for another maybe another 2 years, plus it's just a nice seat!

henrietta

steph_s

I guess it depends on the child's torso height, how long you want them to remain harnessed, ect. At 4, I would likely skip the myride. I LOVE my Regent, the Nautilus, and the Radian.

firemomof3

I would also get the Radian XTSL and rear face her :)
If you don't want the Radian my second choice would be the Graco Nautilus in the Dori pattern :love:

todzwife

I should have mentioned, I have a RNXT that DS is in, I can put him in the Nauti, but DH HATES it (it's so BIG, he says!!). I'm still tempted to just buy DD Her own pretty RNXT and let DS stay in his until he completely outgrows it.

you all are great enablers:whistle:

Lea_Ontario

If you can get the Radian installed well, I'd go with that to RF her.
If you can't, or you don't want to RF her, I'd get a Nautilus.

Calleiah

I'd still do a radian. Does she get sick RF and FF? My DD2 only gets car sick if she's FF. As little as she is, you'd still have a ton of time RF.

sirrahn

:thumbsup:I got a radian for DD2 right before her 4th birthday even with no intention of rfing her. It's a nice, low profile comfy ffing seat for older kids too.

fyrfightermomma

If you are done RFing, I'd also second the Nautilus or even the Recaro Young Sport for a lightweight like her. Plus it makes an awesome booster!

If you plan on handing it down to a child who may be heavier, I'd go with the GN cause you'll need more than the 40 lb limit of the YS. If it's just her, the 40 lb limit should be fine. She'd be booster age by the time she outgrows it.

todzwife

She only gets sick RFing, which is why I turned her around at 2 1/2. :(
Both of my kids are lightweights, I expect this one will be similar. DS is 6 and only weighs 45 pounds fully clothed, so he's still harnessed in the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC