Radian chest clip broke today!

nmb

This morning when DH went to take DS out of his carseat, when he unbuckled the chest clip, one of the prongs broke off!
This seat has a DOM 10/07, and we've had it & used it since Oct 07, but normal use, no reason it should have broken??
We drove home w/ it, straight home after the apt, since I've read here that it's just a positioner anyway. We made sure the harness was extra tight, and won't be using it again until we get a new clip.
Called Sunshine Kids and got voicemail, so I left a msg....hopefully they will replace the clip. Am I correct to think it's their responsibility or should I expect to buy one?

ADS

cryswilkins

I would guess that they will replace it for free. In the mean time, is there any other seat that you can use in place while you wait for a new clip?

It is designed to hold the harness in the proper place, but the seat has not been tested without it. I would not be comfortable using a seat in a way that has not been tested.

nmb

Yeah, I don't plan to use it again until we have a new one; we have another Radian which will be used in the meantime. Kinda a pain to only have one seat but it should be just a couple days I think....and he doesn't ride in DH's vehicle often anyway, shouldn't have to in the next few days, if he does we can move the seat.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
IIRC, the seats have a one-year warranty, so it is NOT their responsibility to replace a broken clip for free. They might, and it would be nice, but it's not an obligation.

arly1983

If they don't replace it, a good number of people replaced their old style clips with the new style clips this summer and I am sure someone wouldn't mind sending you their old clip for the price of shipping. I would if I still had mine but they are gone now.

Or I would use this as an excuse to get a new style. Its nice on non-infants.

I hope they replace it for you, hopefully, with a new style. :whistle:

stephpook

The chest clip on my Radian (DOM 11/07) broke 11 months after I purchased it. SK replaced the clip for free no questions asked but it was within the warranty period.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC