I need to re-arrange my van

Jennifer mom to my 7

4 rear captains chairs and a 3 person bench. Rear bench has no headrest in middle, but has a top tether anchor. Outboard seat no top tether, but headrests. All 4 captains chairs have latch/tether.

7 children, 2 rear facing, 1 harnessed ff, one in a booster.

Radian
boulevard
regent (Maybe could switch out for the nautilus for a while? at least until dd outgrows it harnessed)
monterey

Right now, the radian is rf in the second passenger captains chair, but dh says it can't stay there because it blocks the door:rolleyes: Plus, ds has to sit really upright. If it is on the driver side, I can't fit the boulevard in front or in back of it.

THe regent is currently driver side second captains chair. It takes up too much room on the rear bench for the other 2 older girls to be comfy.

Boulevard is currently drivers side front captains chair. And I like it there because it is my 13 month old.

Monterey is middle bench.

ANy suggestions?

oh, and the back bench is too flat for a good radian install, plus the seatbelt stalks are long, the middle belt doesn't lock for long enough, and the outer seats have locking latchplates which interfere with the radian rear facing belt path.

ADS

hockeywoman

Could you do the non-carseat kids on the outsides of the rear bench with rearfacing boulevard between them and give older kids responsibility to buckle 13 mo? Put Radian into driver side bucket seat (either one), and then other non-harnessed child in the other driver side bucket seat. That would leave regent and Monterey in passenger side?

FWIW, in my 2005 15 passenger chevy I'm not seeing movement of my radian in the bench seats though I've only used it FF -maybe it's a limitation of the rearfacing position only?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC