News Combi Coccoro Flash stroller frame and Shuttle 33 infant seat

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
...are finally going to be released! Combi sent out a press release and posted it to the CPSPlist so I went looking. Amazon has them as releasing Dec. 15!

I like the Jade and Indigo (okay, even the Sand is okay) on the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Shuttle-Infant-Seat-Sand/dp/B002VPCNRA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1260782526&sr=8-1]Shuttle 33.[/ame]

The [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Coccoro-Flash-Stroller-Frame/dp/B002VBXY36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1260782688&sr=1-1]Coccoro Flash[/ame] seems only to be in beige, at least so far, which I guess is not bad with most of the Coccoro colors. I want a Coccoro for the next baby (for a travel seat at least) and I want the frame to go with it. I will be watching for sales on this one! It totally rocks, to me, that there is a convertible (other than the beastly heavy Orbit) that can be a "travel system" when needed (not a great thing to have to deal with every day, but for the occasional "baby fell asleep after a long day and I don't want to wake her" it would be a back saver, and for airplane travel it would rock.) I am a bit confused that it's rated to 45 lbs. Is that 40 lbs. in the car seat, and 5 in the basket? Because the Coccoro only goes to 40. Or is that for parents who want to get their money's worth even when the seat can't be used in the car any more? :scratcheshead:

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
To confuse matters more, here's what the press release on Combi's website says:

Combi’s goal is to provide parents with products that are lightweight, compact and portable. The Coccoro convertible car seat was designed to provide a solution to families with multiple children and smaller vehicles. As a result of the compact design, families can fit three Coccoro convertible car seats in their smaller vehicles. The Coccoro Flash has been designed to provide these families with a travel system option. The Coccoro convertible can be easily attached or detached to the Coccoro Flash. The Coccoro Flash is approved for use with the convertible rear facing, for infants weighing 5 to 33 pounds.

(bolding mine)

I've emailed the rep for clarification. I'll post back.

As much as I don't need this stroller (I barely use the stroller we have), I feel compelled... The weight limit might be what sways me one way or the other.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Intriguing.

I suppose once the kid outgrows the CCO RFing I would be travelling with something else instead, but still...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I heard back from the rep. She said the 45 is definitely a mistake. She didn't specify whether it should really be 33 or 40, but I'm going to assume Combi's press release is correct, and that you can only use it to the RF weight limits.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Interesting. I mean, I suppose it makes sense, from the way it's built-- hard to picture a kid who has outgrown it RFing wanting to use something that reclined when not sleeping.

But probably not worth full price to me-- however if I got it on a good sale (maybe 40% off all told) I would probably find it worth it IF I used it from birth.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I mean, it makes sense, since the Coccoro shape is almost identical to a large infant seat without a handle. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC