All new 2011 Toyota Sienna...

SavsMom

It will be offered with a 4 cylinder or V6 - and some other goodies

2011 Toyota Sienna Info

2011toyotasienna.jpg

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't check the link right now, but we saw the new Sienna at the LA Auto Show yesterday. It's going to have reclining captains chairs with footrests. (Imagine a LA-Z-Boy.) Not exactly the safest way to ride...

TXDani

Senior Community Member
My husband was just rattling off all the new things the 2011 Sienna will have to me the other day. It sounds nice and impressive...he then went on to say "we should have kept ours it was a nice van". UGH!:rolleyes:

SavsMom

I'm going back to work for the Toyota dealer I had worked at before after the 1st of the year - will have to install different seats in the new one when its out - ya know, just for fun :whistle:

hsjwmom

All those changes.... but did they add a tether anchor to 3rd row driver's side (and keep all the others too)? :whistle:

Exactly what I was wondering! The article doesn't say. That is my only gripe with my '06. If they would have put another full set of LATCH there, or even just a tether, my van would be PERFECT. :LOVE:

NannyMom

I like the storage for the 8th seat, I think. But it makes it look smaller :( But the only pic is of it in the storage, no pics of it set up.

hsjwmom

Thanks for the link, Codex. I looked through the pictures and it looks like they didn't change the LATCH setup. Too bad.

crunchierthanthou

uh, oh. look at this - http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezf...-eng-US/2011_toyota_sienna_030_cd_gallery.jpg

see the lower anchor buttons? only one set and it's still offset toward the driver's side. It overlaps the buckle. There aren't any on the passenger side seat. Didn't the 04-09 (10?) at least have them passenger side too? or am I only thinking of TAs?

eta: yup, I just checked the LATCH manual. the older ones had two sets of lower anchors in the 3rd row. :(

oh, one more thing. I will say that I prefer the headrest style in the 2011 3rd row outboard.

You're right. That sucks. I was hoping to put some boosters with rigid latch back there. Oh well, my kiddos won't be in boosters for years. I'll worry about it then.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
LOL at the hearse resemblance with the "spy cladding." :p Hopefully the third row passenger side still has a tether anchor even if Toyota unwisely decontented and took away third row passenger side lower LATCH anchors. And dare we hope for a third row driver's side tether anchor, too? I'm not holding my breath. It's not encouraging when an automaker taketh away instead of addeth features on a redesigned minivan model aimed at the family market. :(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I can hope, fingers crossed. Hopefully I can climb in the back of a 2011 model at the Auto Show next month if Toyota exhibits a production model instead of a cordoned off pre-production model isolated from hands-on viewing up on a pedestal. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC