have you used combi customer service before?

Cryssy Jane

I called last week because one of my coccoro seats (the newest, so I've had almost a month), the adjuster strap is fraying. I sent pictures the next day to the customer service people with reference of the agent I talked to as well as the reference number that was given to me. I haven't heard anything back.

So my question becomes, have you used combi customer service before. How long did it take them to respond? And what was the outcome (positive or negative)

Thanks for all the input!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have dealt with them, but only for having questions answered/ordering stuff.

I have had some fuzzing on one of my Coccoro straps (not sure about the other), and I know one other person has, too.

I didn't bother calling customer service about it because it doesn't rise to the level that it would actually concern me. I'm keeping an eye on it, though I don't expect it to get worse. Usually when there's fuzzing it occurs initially then that's it.

Why don't you post a photo here and we can give you an idea of how serious it looks.

Cryssy Jane

I have dealt with them, but only for having questions answered/ordering stuff.

I have had some fuzzing on one of my Coccoro straps (not sure about the other), and I know one other person has, too.

I didn't bother calling customer service about it because it doesn't rise to the level that it would actually concern me. I'm keeping an eye on it, though I don't expect it to get worse. Usually when there's fuzzing it occurs initially then that's it.

Why don't you post a photo here and we can give you an idea of how serious it looks.

Sure I'll snag a picture. It was hard to take a picture of but basically the adjuster strap is getting caught every time I adjust (which isn't often) and it's snagging along the whole strap. It doesn't look all that bad, it's the fact that I can feel it snagging when I have to adjust that does concern me.

It's getting caught there on the left side of the picture. My other coccoro that i've had a little longer isn't having this issue.

I'll try and see if I can get a video of it tomorrow but when you pull the adjuster strap you can hear is essentially grinding as you pull. :(

DSC_0635.jpg

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That's pretty much what mine looks like, but I'm not that concerned. On mine at least, the fuzzing is very superficial--not actually cutting into the fabric. (Like the difference between a rug burn and getting slashed with a knife.) Also, for now at least, the fuzzing is just on the adjuster strap. I'd be more concerned if it were on the part between the adjuster and splitter plate.

If you're concerned though, by all means call again tomorrow to follow up. Let us know what they say.

Cryssy Jane

That's pretty much what mine looks like, but I'm not that concerned. On mine at least, the fuzzing is very superficial--not actually cutting into the fabric. (Like the difference between a rug burn and getting slashed with a knife.) Also, for now at least, the fuzzing is just on the adjuster strap. I'd be more concerned if it were on the part between the adjuster and splitter plate.

If you're concerned though, by all means call again tomorrow to follow up. Let us know what they say.

yeah mine seems to be cutting. It doesn't really show up in the picture, but if you run your finger on it you can feel the where the cutting is because it's like it's been stripped in that one section and it's lower than the rest of the strap. I'll look at the part between the adjuster and the splitter plate and see what that's doing.

crunchierthanthou

Are you kidding? That's hardly fuzzy. I don't even think I'd call it a fray. ;)

Really, I wouldn't worry about it. Vera (the Combi rep) showed our pictures to the engineers and they said it was fine. I will say that my experiences with Combi customer service have been nothing short of stellar.

Out of curiosity, in which seating position do you use that CCO?

eta: fwiw, here's my fuzzy one (excuse the cellphone quality). the engineers said it was fine.

frayingadjustercropped.jpg

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

Are you kidding? That's hardly fuzzy. I don't even think I'd call it a fray. ;)

Really, I wouldn't worry about it. Vera (the Combi rep) showed our pictures to the engineers and they said it was fine. I will say that my experiences with Combi customer service have been nothing short of stellar.

Out of curiosity, in which seating position do you use that CCO?

It's RF. I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow but the spots where there are fuzzy spots are dug into the strap. I'm more concerned about the grinding than the strap itself.

Cryssy Jane

by position, I mean driver's side, passenger...

did you see where I added my pic?

your picture makes me less worried about the strap itself. It's in the outboard passenger side in my car when i have 3 and it's in the drivers side captains chair in the van.

Does yours grind when you tighten? I appreciate the clarity in response! :)

oxeye

Mine is doing the same thing and I've only used the seat for two trips. I've found it happens if I don't pull the adjuster strap perfectly straight. Since I figured out what was causing it, it is easier to avoid now.

Kind of annoying, but otherwise I am in :love: with the seat so I won't complain too much. I am glad to hear that the Combi engineers say it is okay.

crunchierthanthou

your picture makes me less worried about the strap itself. It's in the outboard passenger side in my car when i have 3 and it's in the drivers side captains chair in the van.

Does yours grind when you tighten? I appreciate the clarity in response! :)

grind? no, not that I've noticed.

I was asking about which side because Jennie has hers passenger side and mine is driver's. Ours fuzzed on opposite sides (right, and left, respectively). Like oxeye just mentioned, it seems to be correlated to not pulling straight up when you tighten. Since the CCO doesn't have a base, there isn't a lot of space between the adjuster and the vehicle seatback. It's easy to pull to the side if you aren't being careful.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
For the record, I haven't noticed any grinding, either.

If I remember, I'll go out and check both my seats. I think the one I had the fraying issue on is now our backup seat. I haven't checked the one we've been using as the primary.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I just went out and checked both of mine.

Seat #1 is the one I bought in March and used daily (well, starting in May, probably) until...oh, July? (It was also used for two weeks in October) That one has the fuzzing on the adjuster strap and has a DOM of 01/2009.

Seat #2 has been used daily since I got in in July-ish. DOM is 03/2009. There is NO fuzzing on that one at all.

The only difference in usage that I can think of is that I used the infant insert the entire time in Seat #1 (well, minus October, but it had already fuzzed at that point). I only used the insert for a little while in Seat #2. I wonder if that had anything to do with it, or if the seats have a different component or something. Or maybe it's a fluke thing. :shrug-shoulders:

jubgulia

Ours is fuzzed like that too, I think from pulling kind of sideways. It happened right away, when DS2 was smaller and on a lower slot, so now the fuzzed part is under the seat, behind the adjuster. I hadn't thought that it would be a problem though.

Cryssy Jane

I just went out and checked both of mine.

Seat #1 is the one I bought in March and used daily (well, starting in May, probably) until...oh, July? (It was also used for two weeks in October) That one has the fuzzing on the adjuster strap and has a DOM of 01/2009.

Seat #2 has been used daily since I got in in July-ish. DOM is 03/2009. There is NO fuzzing on that one at all.

The only difference in usage that I can think of is that I used the infant insert the entire time in Seat #1 (well, minus October, but it had already fuzzed at that point). I only used the insert for a little while in Seat #2. I wonder if that had anything to do with it, or if the seats have a different component or something. Or maybe it's a fluke thing. :shrug-shoulders:

Mine are both manufactured 03/2009. My strawberry shake has had no issues. The carrot cake one does this grinding though that's driving me insane. Both are used primarily for savannah and have the infant inserts in. When Sky's here he sits in the carrot cake with no insert for now.

I called back and got told the agent person that I talked to is not there today and that I would have to call back tomorrow.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I had a problem with my double stroller and I think their customer service was rotten! Could have just been the person I dealt with but it took a loooong time to get it fixed and way too much hassle for a 40 day old stroller, IMO.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I had a good experience with them in 2007. The customer service rep couldn't answer my question (it was a discrepancy between my manual and his manual) and his manager was in a meeting so he had the manager call me back (and he actually did call, and the problem was resolved). Then the original CSR called me back to make sure everything was resolved :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC