Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Britax Blink Stroller

Has anyone tried one of these yet? It looks very similar to the Maclaren but better. I love the patterns
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Britax Blink Stroller

Okay. I love love love my Macs. I've had a twin techno and a quest and they're fabulous.

However. The Blink is AWESOME. Seriously. It's delish. It is a carbon copy of the quest (IMO) but there's something about it that makes it seem... well, better. It steers wonderfully, the leg support is awesome, the recline is great, the canopy is easily one of the best available, the handles are nice and high, it folds a la Mac (watch those fingers ) and it comes with a travel bag.

It's $169 up here, so I'm guessing it's just around $100 for you, and honestly I don't think you can go wrong.

HTH's
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

Ya, I have a Quest but I'm trying to sell it because the adjusting the harness is a PITA
    Through BabyCatalog its $99 shipped, so ya as soon as I sell my Quest I'm getting one
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

Senior Community Member tracee877's Avatar

I want to get one too but can't decide on a color. Does the blue dot one seem too girly? The sprout is so boring and the cowmoo is so...well...been there done that lol.
    Tracee - driving a 2013 Honda Crosstour & Mom to:
    Braydon 19 - driving his own car and now in the Army!
    Ashlee 17 - driving her own car
    Keegan 10 - still in his backless Affix

I ended up ordering cowmoo and got it today. I think it's going back. It is extremely tall. I am 5'2" and it comes up to my boobs. And the wheels don't stay locked when it is folded. Other than that it is super nice. I love that the wheels are nice and big.

Thanks for posting this! This will work out for me then! I'm 5'10 and I need tall handles
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

Thanks for posting this. I'm sorry the stroller won't work out for you You wouldn't want to trade for a Maclaren would you??!!
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

Quote Originally Posted by tracee877 View Post
    I ended up ordering cowmoo and got it today. I think it's going back. It is extremely tall. I am 5'2" and it comes up to my boobs. And the wheels don't stay locked when it is folded. Other than that it is super nice. I love that the wheels are nice and big.
    I'm just shy of 5'4" and it was okay on me... I agree it's tall, but for the dh's is such a nice change, and I didn't think it was that bad. Sorry it doesn't work well for you.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL

Quote Originally Posted by firemomof3 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'm sorry the stroller won't work out for you You wouldn't want to trade for a Maclaren would you??!!
    What kind?? PM me!

Its the Quest, I'll pm you
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

Thanks for posting- I'm 5'1" and was thinking of saving for the Blink. I'll just keep my Mac Techno XT instead
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

Yeah I LOVE my quest. I don't think I'll ever use anything else lol.

So today I put a Blink and Quest side by side, and then bent down for a bird's eye view of the handles lined up right next to eachother. The top of the Blink's handles are approx 1" higher than the Mac's... with a slightly different shape that actually makes the handles only 1/2" taller than the Mac when you're pushing. (as in the very tip top of the handle where your hand wouldn't rest is a total 1" taller, but where your hands do rest it's about a 1/2" taller than where your hands would rest on a Mac).
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

OOooo! This sounds promising! Umbrella strollers are always too short for me. I want a tall handled one.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

CPS Fanatic

This thread is great! I haven't seen one in person and have a few questions.

The handles are tall - good! But do you trip over the wheels while walking at a normal pace? That is one good thing about the mac's small wheels and the way the handles angle back is that it keeps me from tripping on the wheels. I am hoping this is just as good.

Someone mentioned that the quest has an annoying harness. I agree. How is this one in comparison?

How are the foam handles? I have only used my quest a hand full of times because the foam is not attached and it slides. That means when I am steering with one hand and holding DD1's hand with the other, that when I try to turn, the foam slides around the handle instead of turning the stroller. I thought I would love my quest, but I hate it and don't use it.

Someone mentioned that the wheels do not lock when folded. I don't know if the mac's do, but why would I want to lock them when folded? I'm wondering if there is something I did not understand about that.

It sounds like this fits taller kids than the macs. Is that right? Better than the mac quest?

Thanks for the info. I wish I could find one in person.

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Let me see what I can answer for you.

I am 5'4" and I certainly do not kick the wheels or anything. DH is 6 foot and he is pretty comfortable pushing it and no tripping for him either.

I have not changed the harness height if that is what you mean so I don't know how hard it would be. Just adjusting the tightness was easy.

No problem with the foam handles. We have only used it a few times so I don't know if they will start to slip or anything. It turns with one hand and I love that. My previous strollers barely turned with two hands.

Wheels not locking when folded is something that bothers me. If I try to lean it up against something while folded the wheels roll and it falls. Mostly it is spending its time laying in the cargo area of our van, so this isn't a big issue, but when we had it in the house it was a bit annoying.

Can't compare it to a Mac but I posted some pics with my four year old in it. She is 39.25 inches, so not super tall, but I will find the link to that thread and you can at least have that to compare.

Ok, finally found it.
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ighlight=blink
    Last edited by 2BunniesMommy; 02-07-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added link

18. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Thanks, 2bunniesmommy! You've been so helpful. It sounds great. I am wishing I hadn't bought the quest because it cost a lot more and I don't know how much luck I'll have selling it with the foam problem. The foam is supposed to be attached to the handle, but mine isn't. Unfortunately I didn't use it right away so by the time I discovered the problem, it was too late to return it. When the rep at Maclaren suggested I glue and fix it, he thoroughly irritated me. I would still try to do it, but I cannot figure out how to get under the foam enough for it to work and I don't want to make it worse.

The pics are great. My DD1 is just a little taller than yours so she would probably still fit and I'd be mainly buying it for DD2 who would definitely fit well. Btw, I'm the one who bought the daisy nautilus for DD1 after seeing your pics and she loves it.

P.S. Diapers.com is no longer carrying them.
    Last edited by Athena; 02-08-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Happy to help!

I'm thinking of it for Ryan but he is 42 inches. I read that it's about the same seat size as the Mac, what do you think?
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

Senior Community Member InternationalMama's Avatar

I agree with everything 2Bunnies said.

I just wanted to add that I am a bit taller and I do sometimes step on the brake when I'm walking, but not enough to actually knock it into brake mode so far. I haven't kicked the wheels at all.

The other thing I wanted to add is that the seat seems pretty narrow to me and it makes me wonder how well it would fit older kids. With a winter jacket on it seems very narrow to me, but I also don't have a Mac to compare it to.

Overall I really like the stroller and its features for the price.
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.