Britax Blink Stroller

ADS

canadiangie

Okay. I love love love my Macs. I've had a twin techno and a quest and they're fabulous.

However. The Blink is AWESOME. Seriously. It's delish. It is a carbon copy of the quest (IMO) but there's something about it that makes it seem... well, better. It steers wonderfully, the leg support is awesome, the recline is great, the canopy is easily one of the best available, the handles are nice and high, it folds a la Mac (watch those fingers :whistle:) and it comes with a travel bag.

It's $169 up here, so I'm guessing it's just around $100 for you, and honestly I don't think you can go wrong. :thumbsup:

HTH's

firemomof3

Ya, I have a Quest but I'm trying to sell it because the adjusting the harness is a PITA :mad:
Through BabyCatalog its $99 shipped, so ya as soon as I sell my Quest I'm getting one :love:

tracee877

I want to get one too but can't decide on a color. Does the blue dot one seem too girly? The sprout is so boring and the cowmoo is so...well...been there done that lol.

tracee877

I ended up ordering cowmoo and got it today. I think it's going back.:( It is extremely tall. I am 5'2" and it comes up to my boobs. And the wheels don't stay locked when it is folded. Other than that it is super nice. I love that the wheels are nice and big.

firemomof3

Thanks for posting this. I'm sorry the stroller won't work out for you :( You wouldn't want to trade for a Maclaren would you??!!

canadiangie

I ended up ordering cowmoo and got it today. I think it's going back.:( It is extremely tall. I am 5'2" and it comes up to my boobs. And the wheels don't stay locked when it is folded. Other than that it is super nice. I love that the wheels are nice and big.

I'm just shy of 5'4" and it was okay on me... :eek: I agree it's tall, but for the dh's is such a nice change, and I didn't think it was that bad. Sorry it doesn't work well for you. :thumbsdown:

canadiangie

So today I put a Blink and Quest side by side, and then bent down for a bird's eye view of the handles lined up right next to eachother. The top of the Blink's handles are approx 1" higher than the Mac's... with a slightly different shape that actually makes the handles only 1/2" taller than the Mac when you're pushing. (as in the very tip top of the handle where your hand wouldn't rest is a total 1" taller, but where your hands do rest it's about a 1/2" taller than where your hands would rest on a Mac).

Athena

This thread is great! I haven't seen one in person and have a few questions. :)

The handles are tall - good! But do you trip over the wheels while walking at a normal pace? That is one good thing about the mac's small wheels and the way the handles angle back is that it keeps me from tripping on the wheels. I am hoping this is just as good.

Someone mentioned that the quest has an annoying harness. I agree. How is this one in comparison?

How are the foam handles? I have only used my quest a hand full of times because the foam is not attached and it slides. That means when I am steering with one hand and holding DD1's hand with the other, that when I try to turn, the foam slides around the handle instead of turning the stroller. I thought I would love my quest, but I hate it and don't use it.

Someone mentioned that the wheels do not lock when folded. I don't know if the mac's do, but why would I want to lock them when folded? I'm wondering if there is something I did not understand about that.

It sounds like this fits taller kids than the macs. Is that right? Better than the mac quest?

Thanks for the info. I wish I could find one in person. :)

2BunniesMommy

Let me see what I can answer for you.

I am 5'4" and I certainly do not kick the wheels or anything. DH is 6 foot and he is pretty comfortable pushing it and no tripping for him either.

I have not changed the harness height if that is what you mean so I don't know how hard it would be. Just adjusting the tightness was easy.

No problem with the foam handles. We have only used it a few times so I don't know if they will start to slip or anything. It turns with one hand and I love that. My previous strollers barely turned with two hands.

Wheels not locking when folded is something that bothers me. If I try to lean it up against something while folded the wheels roll and it falls. Mostly it is spending its time laying in the cargo area of our van, so this isn't a big issue, but when we had it in the house it was a bit annoying.

Can't compare it to a Mac but I posted some pics with my four year old in it. She is 39.25 inches, so not super tall, but I will find the link to that thread and you can at least have that to compare.

Ok, finally found it.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=109536&highlight=blink

Last edited:

Athena

Thanks, 2bunniesmommy! You've been so helpful. It sounds great. I am wishing I hadn't bought the quest because it cost a lot more and I don't know how much luck I'll have selling it with the foam problem. The foam is supposed to be attached to the handle, but mine isn't. Unfortunately I didn't use it right away so by the time I discovered the problem, it was too late to return it. When the rep at Maclaren suggested I glue and fix it, he thoroughly irritated me. I would still try to do it, but I cannot figure out how to get under the foam enough for it to work and I don't want to make it worse.

The pics are great. My DD1 is just a little taller than yours so she would probably still fit and I'd be mainly buying it for DD2 who would definitely fit well. Btw, I'm the one who bought the daisy nautilus for DD1 after seeing your pics and she loves it. :)

:thanx!:

P.S. Diapers.com is no longer carrying them. :(

Last edited:

steph

I'm thinking of it for Ryan but he is 42 inches. I read that it's about the same seat size as the Mac, what do you think?

InternationalMama

I agree with everything 2Bunnies said.

I just wanted to add that I am a bit taller and I do sometimes step on the brake when I'm walking, but not enough to actually knock it into brake mode so far. I haven't kicked the wheels at all.

The other thing I wanted to add is that the seat seems pretty narrow to me and it makes me wonder how well it would fit older kids. With a winter jacket on it seems very narrow to me, but I also don't have a Mac to compare it to.

Overall I really like the stroller and its features for the price. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC