update on my newly re-boostered nephews..

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I posted about how I emailed my sister about getting her small 6yo twin boys back in booster seats. She said okay immediately and went and bought them some. She emailed me this yesterday:

Well the boosters are a huge hit. We got them Sat. morning at Walmart. The boys were upset Sat that they only got to use their seats once when we took the girls to their ballgame at the YMCA. Sunday going to church they got in the van and kissed, yes kissed, their seats. "We missed you. We missed you", they said---and not in a goofing-off way. They were totally serious.

The great thing is they can do it all completely by themselves and they ask every time if they've positioned the belt correctly, etc. They are very conscientous about it.

I thought that was really cute and made me proud of my little nephews!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
How funny. I think it's so cute how kids get attched to their seats. AJ got so mad last summer when I let my friend borrow his Radian. Good for you for getting them back in boosters!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
She got them high back Graco Turboboosters. I would have liked to see them in Parkways, but my sister didn't have $200 to spend right now. These boys are the youngest of 10 kids, two if which are in college, so money is tight!

Splash

Turbos are good boosters! I love Turbos, even more than the Britax boosters. I could afford to keep Parkways as my spare boosters, but I prefer the Turbos.
Sounds great that they are liking them! Funny how people think their kids will HATE being in seats, and are so quick to rush them out, and the kids love them!

So awesome for them. Good job!

scatterbunny

Funny how people think their kids will HATE being in seats, and are so quick to rush them out, and the kids love them!

So true! Nancy and Stephanie (the neighbor girls I gave boosters to) love their boosters and have told me every time they see me how much they love them. :)

Good job, Alicia!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Splash--why do you prefer the Turbos? I don't have a whole lot of first hand experience with boosters, but was just going on the TSIP of the Parkway. I'm trying to decide which booster to get my ds for very occasional rides in dh's car...

Splash

The Turbos are easier to use I think. Plus they're less confining and actually do have decent SIP wings without being confining like the Parkways are. Plus you can use them backless.
I keep a backless booster in the back of my car, just in case. If I know I will need it, I grab the back of the booster as well. But I like being able to break it apart for emergency situations (and it take up almost no room) and then just add the back on if I know I'll be using it (I always use the backs if it's a situation where I know I need it. I only use them backless when it's a "pick T up from school now" situation).
For Charlie, I'd probably use a Monarch or Recaro if I had to choose from what's available now. But for spares, I like the Turbos.

scatterbunny

Why do you think the Turbos are easier to use? Just curious because I owned both and liked the Parkway better. :p

But now I have a Compass B510, and it might just be "infatuation" right now, but I love it. :D

Turbos are good boosters! I love Turbos, even more than the Britax boosters. I could afford to keep Parkways as my spare boosters, but I prefer the Turbos.
Sounds great that they are liking them! Funny how people think their kids will HATE being in seats, and are so quick to rush them out, and the kids love them!

So awesome for them. Good job!

So true in my family, as well. You'd think a couple of older kiddos, at 7 and 9 years old, would think I was trying to baby them or something, but mine both were happy and excited to go back to using boosters. :)

How wonderful that you've had such an impact on your nephews' safety!!

skaterbabs

I agree, after having both I much prefer the PWs. They're easier to buckle, taller, and fit better in tight spaces.

beeman

Remember with the Britax Parkaway Vs. Graco Turbo Booster we are also dealing with price and availability. Some areas there are Britax dealers on every corner, but up here in Saskatchewan we only have 2 dealers in the province, and they've only shown up in the last six months. Before that we had to go to Calgary or Edmonton Alberta to find a dealer. The Turbo Boosters are available at every Zellers and Wal-mart around here and are close to $40.00 cheaper than the Parkaway. Vehicle fit is also another issue. Personally, due to lack of availability here, I have never seen a Parkaway in real life, and have seen very few Britax's. As for the kids liking them, as long as they are promoted as big kid seats, they should like them, or at least accept them. And as more kids start to use them, there won't be any reason for kids at school to make fun of them for still being in boosters.

beeman

I just remembered about seat expiration. Imagine how heartbroken they will be when the boosters have to be destroyed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC