Silvercross Fizz $70 on shnoop tonight/tomorrow

ADS

2BunniesMommy

Its up now.

Anyone have one or have even played with one? I am interested but need something that will fold up as small as our Combi. It is as light, so maybe. Haven't had any luck finding pics of it folded. The dimensions helps some, but I want pics and real life answers! Want to replace the Combi because it steers awful.

aeormsby

The Fizz seems pretty similar to the Pop I got a couple years ago. The Silvercross strollers (umbrella at least) seem pretty similar to the MacClaren's.

Ann

2BunniesMommy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkf7-kNapLo"]YouTube- Silver Cross Fizz Pushchair Product Features - Kiddicare[/ame]

Here's a video that is pretty quick and does a good job showing this stroller, for anyone on the fence like I was.

lovinwaves

It's a decent stroller for the money. I personally, after owning a Silver Cross Pop would rather own a good used Maclaren. The Silver Cross is as some previously said a lot like the Maclarens, but there is still something missing, imo. They don't steer quite as well, and don't feel as sturdy or well built. The Silver Crosses also have extremely tall handles, which can be good, but for me it made steering that much harder. The stroller frame seemed to bend and sway when I would try to manuever the stroller side to side. That's what the video can't show you.

For $70 you are getting a lot of features. :thumbsup:

It's hard to find any good stroller for under $100, let alone a new one. It wouldn't be a bad purchase, imo, but it's one of those things where you will either love it, or hate it. I think it also depends on what kind of stroller you previously were using. Coming from several other cheaper umbrella strollers you may think very highly of this one. I have had the opportunity to test drive and own several strollers so my opinions may be overkill to most.

Silver Cross is a great brand, and seems to make a decent upscale umbrella stroller. They also have a good reputation.

In the end, if you don't like, resell it for what you paid for it on your local Craigslist, then try another brand. :)

2BunniesMommy

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like I would be better off to keep the tiny Combi since steering is my issue with it and I am 5'4" so the Silver Cross sounds like it would be too tall for me. I saw all this like DH would actually be on board with another stroller. (C'mon, I only have 2, LOL)

lovinwaves

I don't think it would be as hard to steer as the Combi or harder, I just personally think there are other single strollers out there that steer better (like the Maclarens).

This would probably be a step up for you coming from a Combi if your children are entering the toddler size and are starting to weigh more. That seems to be a common complaint about the Combis. They are great when your child is a baby, but once they start getting older the Combi gets harder to push.

But yeah, the whole height thing you may not like. I am just assuming though it's as tall as the SilverCross Pop I had....maybe it isn't. If it is though, I am almost 5'10" and it was too tall for me :p But of course with anything else opinions are very different about strollers.

aeormsby

I had a few issues with the front wheels on my Pop when I first got it - they didn't want to turn on smooth surfaces like inside stores. I took them off and put some lithium grease on the connnection between the wheel & stroller tube and haven't had a problem since. I do like that it's taller, we also have a cheap Chicco unbrella that I am constantly kicking (and I'm about 5'-9")

Ann

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So...to someone who is currently using the $16 TRU generic umbrella stroller, this would be.....better?

Much much much much much much much better. I bought one of those for Leah as a doll stroller, sometimes let her sit in it, and get a backache pushing it for more than 2 minutes, now that I'm accustomed to better strollers :eek:

Heather98012

I'm confused; the time says 1:26 left. Won't it be over tonight? :confused:

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw that this was an update to the original post.

lovemybabies924

i bought one!! i love it! the seat is more sling like so the child sits deeper in the stroller than a maclaren so they look so comfy!! my 4 year old DD who is in 5T could easily take a nap in this even w/out it reclined! my 2.5 year old is deep enough into the seat to be able to cross his legs and have them not hanging off..the steering is also really good IMO..i have had a few maclarens and didnt like the wheel quality and these seem sturdy all though they are plastic. it also folds shorter than my moms evenflo x-sport but the front wheels stick up just a tiny bit...but i was just happy this folds the same size (but shorter) than a regular umbrella!!

Athena

How is it so much shorter? When open, are the handles not as tall or the frame at less of an angle (so the handles are more over the wheels than angled back) so that one is more likely to trip on them? TIA

Good to hear about the deep seat because when I had my 3 1/2 yo in our twin triumph the other day (after not using it for months), I was thankful she has such a petite bottom for the small seat. Of course, it is doubtful these will be $70 again. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats!

lovemybabies924

the frame is shaped different so it folds smaller and the handles are a tiny bit shorter than the deluxe version of the evenflo x-sport (the pink one in pic)..they are the same as the regular x-sport i believe.
here is a pic of my 2.5 year old in it sorry for the poor quality of the pic

i have really good comparative pics on my moms computer and will get them on here 2moro :)

also i thought i should add this pic showing my DD's head goes over the back of the evenflo seat but in the sc shes not over it yet :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC