Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!


 

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    CPS Advocate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,490

    Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    I got my regent today YAY! and of course Im reading the manual even though Ive read it online a billion times lol! And they still havent changed it to make it any clearer about the top slots. There is a note on page 4 saying "The childis too tall when the tops of the ears are above the top of the restraint. Child's height must be 53 inches(134 cm) or less."
    And then on page 24 about harness height it still says the bit about once the top slots are necessary, blah blah, top of ears or 80lbs note.
    I thought they were updating the manual for the new seats being made lol!

    I got the classic and LOVE it even more than I did online. The photos did it NO justice. Its soft too, but not that long plushy velour that gets kinda hot cause its so thick, its short and soft. Im taking pics soon! Gotta clean my car and I finally took some photos of mom's new van as well.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

  2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads
    Join Date
    April, 2001
    Posts
    Many
     
     

  3. #2
    CPS Technician Splash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NOT Florida
    Posts
    3,565

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Glad you like your Classic, because they are all gone now! Not from distributors, just from Britax. I was told by a rep that they only made them because they were able to make the Classic covers faster than any other cover (because of the sewer that makes them for them, works faster and was closer) so they turned all their Boulevard fabric into Regent fabric to get the Regents out the door ASAP.
    And people say that Britax isn't responding? Pfft. If they are willing to put their name on THAT hideous beast (sorry LuvBug, I know you love it) then they are willing to do anything!

  4. #3
    CPS Advocate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    lol! Yeah I still love it. I dont get why everyone else thinks its ugly. I dont think its beautiful or the best cover they could make, but I still love it more than the other avilable choices. I think the sahara and onyx are ugly and I dont like the fabric in them lol!(but then I also dont like the shannon which seems to be everyone's fav at the moment, I also dont like the cow, but I love the zebra. But I also love abstract art made of coffee beans and melted crayon ). And the BB and cougar werent available(Id rather have had a cougar, which is one reason I think I like the classic. It is the same coloring as the cougar but houndstooth instead of spots).
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

  5. #4
    CPS Advocate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    oh and a question. I just want to make sure it is assembled correctly. The tether is attached in the same place as the husky but instead of coming out at that spot it goes through the seat and over the top. Is that how it should be(I know it is, just checking). I guess they were in such a hurry, I want to make sure they did it right lol! My cover was barely on there, it was just slipped on like a slip cover and not velcrod like it should be. The cover fits like a glove though! much better than my denim fits the husky.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

  6. #5
    Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    13,317

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Congrats on the new seat! I can't wait to see pics!
    ~Jenny

    "When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

  7. #6
    Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    21,249

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    oh and a question. I just want to make sure it is assembled correctly. The tether is attached in the same place as the husky but instead of coming out at that spot it goes through the seat and over the top. Is that how it should be(I know it is, just checking). I guess they were in such a hurry, I want to make sure they did it right lol! My cover was barely on there, it was just slipped on like a slip cover and not velcrod like it should be. The cover fits like a glove though! much better than my denim fits the husky.
    That's how the tether should be, yup. When it comes out from higher on the seat, it performs better (not sure why it took them so long to figure that out? oh well)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

  8. #7
    CPS Advocate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    That's how the tether should be, yup. When it comes out from higher on the seat, it performs better (not sure why it took them so long to figure that out? oh well)
    lol thanks, I figured it was... but just wanted to make sure.
    Im about to post some photos, so keep an eye out!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

  9. #8
    Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    I got my regent today YAY! and of course Im reading the manual even though Ive read it online a billion times lol! And they still havent changed it to make it any clearer about the top slots. There is a note on page 4 saying "The childis too tall when the tops of the ears are above the top of the restraint. Child's height must be 53 inches(134 cm) or less."
    And then on page 24 about harness height it still says the bit about once the top slots are necessary, blah blah, top of ears or 80lbs note.
    I thought they were updating the manual for the new seats being made lol!

    I wonder if they are going by what sunshine kids seems to be changing to. That once the top slots become necessary, it's not such a big deal for the childs shoulders to be over the slots. The risk of compression has gone down so much by this weight that it's better to keep them in the 5 point than move to a booster.... Any one else have ideas about this?


    CCO 4/15

  10. #9
    CPS Advocate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    I wonder if they are going by what sunshine kids seems to be changing to. That once the top slots become necessary, it's not such a big deal for the childs shoulders to be over the slots. The risk of compression has gone down so much by this weight that it's better to keep them in the 5 point than move to a booster.... Any one else have ideas about this?
    no the manuals have always said this. at one time britax OKd it, but now they say its a no-no. I talked with someone at britax last year when I got our husky and he said the same thing about a little extra compression(or risk of it) was better than a seatbelt(he did not use the word booster so I dont know if he meant to or not).

    I had heard they were rewording the manual and that one seat already has the reworded manual... youd think by now the others coming new from britax right now would have new manuals to reflect how they really feel.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Similar Threads

  1. Okay, I've updated my info sheet...
    By VoodooChile in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
  2. I've updated my car seat page
    By skaterbabs in forum Carseat Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 08:49 AM
  3. Graco has updated their website with some new products.
    By UlrikeDG in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •