MyRide 65 too SHORT??? =(

rainbowmommy44

is anyone else having this issue once they get the seat home and their kid in it??? I bought it b/c we were about at the limit RF in the Marathon (a 33 lb seat) The MR65 definitely looked taller (the back) than our Marathon - but I'm not sure he has any room to grow in it. :( He would have had a bit in the Marathon still -not a lot, but a bit - anyway - I'm so disappointed. I need to take some pics and get some opinions - I really want him rearfacing longer (28 months now) - ugh - I'm really upset!!!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We had the same problem. My 35lb 3 yo had a little less growing room, heightwise, in the MR vs. the MA. Lots of room in the Radian or Safety First Complete Air, though.

MANDY1234

the myride and the MA have the same shell height if I remmeber correctly. If you are loking for soemthing to RF in longer you need to look at the RN, the complete air, and the TF... They all have super tall shells :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The MA and the My Ride have about the same RF room height-wise. Some people have measured the My Ride a little shorter than the MA. (My DD seems to have about the same amount of room in both seats.)

If RF height is an issue for your child, you may want to check into a Radian.

If you are loking for soemthing to RF in longer you need to look at the RN, the complete air, and the TF... They all have super tall shells

The True Fit wouldn't work for long, though, since it has a 35 lb. RF limit and her child is just about at 33 lbs.

rainbowmommy44

can anyone tell me more about the Complete Air???
can I even return a seat??? =( I've been using it about 4 days - not thrilled w/ it either...oy.

Pixels

Generally, yes, you can return seats just like any other product.

The Complete Air has a 40" maximum height limit and 40 pound maximum weight limit for rear facing. The shell is plenty tall to get kids to 40 inches. The shell/installation are very similar to the Avenue, if you're familiar with that. Usually needs at least one pool noodle to get proper recline, even for a toddler. Sometimes more in a pyramid if your seats are very sloped or you are going for a 45 degree newborn recline.

mommy-medic

I don't think so, but now that you ask I honestly have never compared the two side by side. I have a MA for the nanny's car and the BLVD in mine. Got wheels turning though....... will compare the two next time I see her.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think it mostly comes down to how the seats install. Since the MA/BV/DC and MR are about the same shell height, they give about the same room (shell-wise) but may install differently because of the different base shape so one may give slightly more room than the other, but yes, they're near the same size. The CA is much taller!

SavsMom

I have a Boulevard and a Complete Air - and I almost 100% sure that I will get more RF height from the Complete Air - not to mention the fact that it seems my daughter does have more leg room with it.

rainbowmommy44

wow - you guys are AWESOME!!!! thank you so much for all the help and feedback - you have no idea how much I appreciate it! I'm so glad I found this forum - I think I will go try to take a look at one in the am - thank you!!!!!!!! (btw - BabiesRUs? do they have them?? - the TotalAir that is...)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I think it mostly comes down to how the seats install. Since the MA/BV/DC and MR are about the same shell height, they give about the same room (shell-wise) but may install differently because of the different base shape so one may give slightly more room than the other, but yes, they're near the same size.
Well DD doesn't have slightly more room, she has WAY more room in the MR. I was hesitant to buy it because I thought it wouldn't have much leg room compared to the TF, but it does have length, just doesn't have the width. So, instead of her putting her feet soles together and knees out to the side, she seems to stick them up the back of the vehicle seat. But, still, way more room than the MA at a much younger age.

Madeline410

I had the same problem.. DS was outgrowing his seat by weight and needed another one to keep RFing.. I thought the My Ride was my answer but he was just about to outgrow it by height. The Complete Air came out just in time and he has TONS of room left in it. I am going to get a second one for my DD because she hardly has any leg room in her Blvd, but she has lots in the Complete Air.

It is a BRU exclusive right now. http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...gkw=complete air&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1

and make sure you use a coupon! :) Here is one for $35 off a car seat over $200 http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/121209-wl-sale-cpns.pdf

rainbowmommy44

oh my gosh, thank you so much!!!!
I think I might have a rewards coupon or two around here somewhere too - not the time of year I want to be buying a carseat, but I guess it's the best gift I can give him, huh??
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem.. DS was outgrowing his seat by weight and needed another one to keep RFing.. I thought the My Ride was my answer but he was just about to outgrow it by height. The Complete Air came out just in time and he has TONS of room left in it. I am going to get a second one for my DD because she hardly has any leg room in her Blvd, but she has lots in the Complete Air.

It is a BRU exclusive right now. http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...gkw=complete air&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1

and make sure you use a coupon! :) Here is one for $35 off a car seat over $200 http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/121209-wl-sale-cpns.pdf

DahliaRW

I have a CA and really like it. I had the same issue as you, my 2yo is nearly too tall (probably too tall now) for the MR. I turned his MA in dh's car a couple months back because he had less than a half inch to go and I don't always see him go into that car.

And fwiw, there are a number of us comfortable using the CA over 40".

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well DD doesn't have slightly more room, she has WAY more room in the MR. I was hesitant to buy it because I thought it wouldn't have much leg room compared to the TF, but it does have length, just doesn't have the width. So, instead of her putting her feet soles together and knees out to the side, she seems to stick them up the back of the vehicle seat. But, still, way more room than the MA at a much younger age.

Do you think it's the way they install in your car? Like how Splash got SO MUCH more room out of the Nauti than the Frontier (I think those were the results anyway?) I know they measure almost the same, and most cars I've put both in they seem to be very close, though sometimes the MR comes out a bit ahead for me.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Do you think it's the way they install in your car?
That's surely a possibility. Although I don't think I would have considered the MR at all if people had been saying it had the same room as a MA! :) I asked about it quite a bit here before I bought and everyone said the MR had good leg room so I went for it.

I wish I had a MA or BV to compare side by side with the MR now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC