Carseat Placement on Plane

Mummy2Summer

I am flying United Airlines in January to head back to the states.

Currently my DD has a window seat and I have a centre seat, and someone else has booked the asile seat :(

An asile and middle seat have just opened up and I wonder if I can switch??

We are in the row of 3, on our flight it goes 3,4,3 the new seat that has opened up is in the row of 4.

I can't seem to find any info on where the seat has to be placed. DD will be FFing on the flight as I got a better recline that way.

ADS

InternationalMama

The rule is that the car seat can't be blocking any passenger's exit to the aisle. So if the row only has one aisle then the car seat has to be placed next to the window. But if the row is one of the middle rows that has two exits to the aisle then the car seat can be placed in the middle seat, because all the passengers on either side still have an aise they can exit towards. Does that make sense?

So it really depends where the middle and aisle seats are that you want to switch to, but if sitting there would mean you would be blocking a passenger sitting by the window from having access to an exit then you can't use a car seat in those seats and the gate agents or flight attendants will re-assign you. The only exception I've seen is sometimes if families are traveling together with multiple car seats they are allowed to put the car seats next to each other in the same row with one in the window and one in the middle seat.

Hope that made sense! It would be easier to talk about with diagrams. :)

Mummy2Summer

definately makes sense!!

SO what I have now arranged should be fine :)

the plane goes 3, 4, 3 we were window and centre on the 3 but now are are centre and asile on the 4. The 4 has 2 exits, so the person on the other side of my daughter can exit from the asile on the other side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC