My Safeguard came Home!

Dillipop

I got home from work tonight and the box was sitting in the middle of the kitchen. I showed a lot of restraint and said hello to the family first before ripping into the box. There it was...my (DS's) new safeguard. It smells so good!

Customer service was great. My adjuster knob broke off right before Christmas. Safeguard immediately sent me a return shipping label and my seat was on it's way. When I didn't hear back for a couple weeks, I called and talked to CS and she called and left a message for quality control. They didn't get back to the CS and when I called the following week and CS still couldn't get quality control to answer, she authorized a new seat to be sent to me!

Now it was a bit anticlimatic getting the seat. It looks just like the old one and it is going to work in the car just like the old one. I'm a little bummed they got rid of the incredibles sign on the headrest and it now just says safeguard child seat. I really liked the incredibles sign.

But I am really happy about having a brand new seat, with an expiration of July 2013...and all for $40:D

DS immediately sat in the seat and was really excited to have it back. He told me he was going to go to sleep in that seat, in his jammies and sleep there all night long! He really likes his comfy seat!

ADS

Dillipop

It's amazing what can change on a seat in a year. Our original one was sept of 05 and this one is july of 06. They have redesigned the belly pad. It is still attached, but attached differently, so that you could just shove it under the child's bum if you didn't want to use it. The older design made it so you had to use the belly pad. It is also made of a nice soft material. I am pretty sure they changed the harness pads, too. They seem easier to move on the straps. I "think" they might have changed the handle to move the head rest, but I am not sure about that.

I am amazed with the amount of eps foam in this seat. It goes from the seat to the head, pretty much encompassing the whole seat. I guess without it, the seat would be a LOT heavier.

I sat my 6 month old in it and he fits. It's kind of sad really, but it actually fit him really nicely. He won't actually sit in it in the car until he's 3, but I can see how a 22 pounder would fit. I'll try to post pics later of both boys in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC