stumped about a coat for a 4 yo in car seat

aisraeltax

first of all, this kid has a lot of coats. but none of them are good for riding in the carseat. :( up until this year, he has worn HA fleece jackets in teh car (i put a smartwool shirt under it and along with a hat and mittens, he is very warm...cover w/ a blanket in the car). He's outgrown them. :(

i dont want to do a car seat poncho. they are cute, but i want to put him in something that i can throw his heavy coat on him when we get to where we are going.

so, please spam me w/ links on what you put your 4/5 yo in. our weather gets very cold.

i dont know why this is such a problem for me this year but i cant find anything comparable to the HA fleece jackets. when it got really really cold, i had the HA fleece snowsuits (very thin), but again, he's too big for them now. :(

ADS

canadiangie

HA?

We do Mountain Equipment Coop in this house, but LL Bean and Land's End, as well as Columbia have similar stuff.

My oldest dd wears a 4/5 in most things now, and this year her primary vehicle jacket is the Yeti hooded jacket.

(sorry no links, my puter is being really sloooooow tonight)

3plus2isme

The boys have MEC hoodies... Younger DS still fits the Yedi style and older DS has whatever style it is for size 8. They run small IMO - DS2 is wearing a size 6 (he's normally a 4-5) and DS1 is in an 8, it's a bit big but he's normally a 6 in shirts.

sirrahn

If I'm looking at the right thing, the MEC Yeti jacket is polartec 200 so you could just look for other fleece jackets with the same rating.

LE calls theirs Thermacheck, but I'm assuming it's the same. DS1 has one of their Thermacheck 200 jackets and it's very warm. He wears it alone when it's in the 20's (about as cold as it gets) here so it should be ok layered with something else in really cold temps. He doesn't have room in his locker at school for a big coat and it's been great since he has to wait outside for the bus in the mornings.

fyrfightermomma

We've always done Columbia fleece for my kids. This week it was below zero and they never had a problem being cold. They go from infant sizes to adult sizes. I even wear one (well when I don't have a huge belly).

We then can throw their "big" coats over it for things like sledding, playing in the snow, outside a long time etc but thats only like 2-3 times a year (we just buy cheapy walmart puffy coats)

http://www.altrec.com/columbia/litt...sp=Baynote-_-Detailpage-_-DetailPageAlsoWantA

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC