Do you think another Radian would free up more room? PIC

todzwife

Right now DD is in the Marathon. DS's radian has about 4 inches that is under the Marathon. I'm wondering, if I bought DD a radian, if it would free up a wee bit more shoulder space for DS. He doesn't complain, but I'm looking for an excuse for a cute new seat hehehe! (And yes, the Marathon has the HUGS on it, just not in this pic)

IMG_2228.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, it would give him more room, but I can't see the whole Marathon so I can't really say whether or not you have room... (My guess is yes though.)

todzwife

The Marathon is about 2 inches from the door when its closed. I didn't even think of that side of the seat.

OT but I love blue millifiori that you have on top of the MA.. I used to be a didy addict, believe it or not I don't have a single wrap anymore.. kind of sad. (ergos and APLX's are all we are really using now)

todzwife

OT but I love blue millifiori that you have on top of the MA.. I used to be a didy addict, believe it or not I don't have a single wrap anymore.. kind of sad. (ergos and APLX's are all we are really using now)

Wraps are great for keeping sun off of kids on long highway drives LOL!

And I'll freely admit I'm SO glad to be having another baby because I'll get to wrap again!:p

todzwife

And on a side note, would she be safer in a Radian XT w/ sidewings since she's so close to the door? I love how comfortable she is in the Marathon, but it looks like we're keeping the Forester for awhile, and I need her to be safe.

oxeye

How old/heavy is your DD in the Marathon? If you can't fit the Radians side-by-side FF, they would probably work great with your DD RF if she is light enough. The FF/RF Radian combo is VERY narrow. I'd probably switch the Keyfit to the other side if I did that to free up more room for the driver however.

I'd be surprised if the Radians didn't work side-by-side FF, however.

todzwife

How old/heavy is your DD in the Marathon? If you can't fit the Radians side-by-side FF, they would probably work great with your DD RF if she is light enough. The FF/RF Radian combo is VERY narrow. I'd probably switch the Keyfit to the other side if I did that to free up more room for the driver however.

I'd be surprised if the Radians didn't work side-by-side FF, however.

Oh she's tiny. About 31 pounds. It's a matter of not enough front to back room though with it RF. Trust me, if I could, I'd turn her around. No one could sit in the passenger seat if it was RF. I'll probably have to get a coccoro for the newbie once the keyfit is outgrown.

Duuuh, you NEED a Flora XT. :love:

yes, yes I think we do :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you have 2 inches more than what the MA takes you can definitely get another Radian in there-- assuming of course no incompatibility, which you can test with the current one. ;)

Kat_Momof3

in appearance, it might... in actuality, I think it's a toss-up.

I'd first try getting the MA closer to the door... every inch counts.

Now, I do prefer lower-sitting seats for ff use, but that's me...

(and count me in on another one who LOVES wraps for little ones... nothing cozier)

todzwife

The Marathon absolutely will NOT move out any more. It's on the edge of the seat already, but doesn't touch the door.

And I know a Radian installs there well, I had the Marathon center and the Radian outboard, but the other seat didn't fit next to the Marathon so I had to play car seat musical chairs.

todzwife

I took the Marathon out and put the Radian outboard and it is a MUCH easier install than in the center.

AND I think I can get it slightly more reclined in the outboard position than in the center position which would help with the head slump.:confused:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Usually a MA next to a Radian fits better than 2 Radians, since the MA overlaps the Radian, and the Radians are widest in the shoulder area.

todzwife

Usually a MA next to a Radian fits better than 2 Radians, since the MA overlaps the Radian, and the Radians are widest in the shoulder area.

Boo that's not what I wanted to hear.:thumbsdown:

Should I just get her a coccoro for now? Would that be safer?:eek: I'm probably going to have to get one for the newbie once it outgrows the infant seat anyway...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC