Do you need help with that?

sb518

So there I am in the negative degree chill, in my car, practically jumping on my snugride base trying to get the friggin belt to clip in with the locking clip installed.

I live in an apartment complex so my car is outside and people are driving by. I am getting SO frustrated because the belt is like ( ) this far from clicking in but I can.not.get.it. I'm grunting and groaning and probably bouncing my whole car.

Well I hear somebody get in their car behind me, and then they sit there. Probably watching me struggle. Like 5 minutes later this lady gets out and asks if I need help. :ROTFLMAO: I was like "Aww thanks, but I think I've got it now." She still comes over and looks at what I'm trying to do. (Frontier on the passenger side, trying to get snugride base installed with the locking clip in the middle.) She tells me to take the locking clip off because that's my problem. I try to explain to her that the seat tips if I don't use the locking clip. She just keeps saying "take that metal thing out." :rolleyes:

So finally I just say okay and put the seat in until she gets in her car and drives away.

I guess I'll just put it on the passenger side.

The things we do to protect our kiddos. :love:

ADS

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
funny, although i probably would have said kinda mean things to her, but that would just be the pregnant girl talking.

melniemi

I stand on/in the carseat, brace my back against the ceiling and push with my legs to get my seats in tight enough by myself:eek: I'm sure I look a sight, but bouncing up in it doesn't work.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would have told her, "If you really want to help, come push this while I buckle it." LOL!

emthecountrycat

So there I am in the negative degree chill, in my car, practically jumping on my snugride base trying to get the friggin belt to clip in with the locking clip installed.

I am getting SO frustrated because the belt is like ( ) this far from clicking in but I can.not.get.it. I'm grunting and groaning and probably bouncing my whole car.

that sounds exactly like me! i got it down pat now with my brother with my SR35 though i still do that if i'm alone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC