Forward facing install in a Dodge Caravan

tl01

What type of seat belt does a 2005 Dodge Caravan have (captain's chair)? Is a locking clip necessary with a Frontier?

ADS

fyrfightermomma

It locks at the latchplate. You do not need a locking clip as long as the belt locks and doesn't move If it does, try twisting the male end one time. With my frontier I was only able to do long belt path and not short in the captains seat (cause the buckle is fixed on the side of the seat) but the seatbelt went about as far as humanely possible to fit. So there was no way the seat belt could "slip" cause it was out as far as it could go

HTH

tl01

So no need to lock at the retractor right? It can be lose. The install is tight at the belt path with LBP.

crunchierthanthou

So no need to lock at the retractor right? It can be lose. The install is tight at the belt path with LBP.

That's right. The retractor is an ELR and doesn't lock full time.

The Caravan does have a LATCH limit if 48 lbs, so if your siggy is up to date you can use the lower anchors. Just be sure to recline the vehicle seatback two clicks when you use LATCH (per the vehicle manual).

tl01

The Caravan does have a LATCH limit if 48 lbs, so if your siggy is up to date you can use the lower anchors. Just be sure to recline the vehicle seatback two clicks when you use LATCH (per the vehicle manual).

Perfect! Thanks. It's not for my son... for a friend's child. He might be closer to the limit.

Madeline410

Is that for RF, too? My neighbor has a grand caravan but I could not find that info in the manual. Guess I didn't look hard enough :eek:

Mommy0608

Is the 2 click rule for all GC model years, or just certain ones? I have an '09 and couldn't find anything about this in the manual when I bought the van. Also curious to know if it applies to both RF and FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC