Question What's your favorite kind of sippy cup?

Logan's Mommy

It's time to replace all of my sons cups. We've owned almost every brand/type of cup on the market, I think. Not a single one has ever been "perfect," but we did really like the Gerber sip n' smile and the Playtex twist & click. So, what's your favorite sippy cup? Is there a better kind out there that I just haven't tried yet? I'd like to hear any suggestionsyou all may have before I head off to WalMart to stock up. LOL! :p

ADS

mamom

We really like the ones form the learning curve-no valves to loose or fall out and they come in a lot of designs including my children's favorite John Deere

Kaede's_Mom

Don't know if he is old enough to handle these, they are kind of hard to push the button on. a bit pricy, but not vavle to take off and clean (altough you have to make sure you rinse all the mild out of the spout) and great for the car since they seriously do not leak at all.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Autoseal-2-Pack-Girls-Colors/dp/B001ETWVVC/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b"]Amazon.com: Contigo BPA Free Kids Autoseal 2-Pack, Set of 2, Girls Colors: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

We have a ton of the first year's insulated sippys. They are great for around the house and have no valve in them so they are really easy to clean.

We have a few others, but those are our favs.

2BunniesMommy

My fav. with DD1 were the Playtex cups. With DD2 I don't like them as much. She got a hold of her cousin's cup and loved it. The first years cups that the other posters also like.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=garden&field-keywords=the+first+years+sippy+cup

I went and got her a 2 cup pack after she loved cousin's cup so much and I am happy with them too. In fact, I will be getting her stocked up on them for Christmas! I love not having extra pieces to deal with. No leaks yet! Only thing that might be an issue is the spouts are pretty big. DD2 has a big mouth, so she doesn't mind! LOL!

rochelle

My boys favourite sippy cups from 2 to 4yrs old was[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Coolster-Tumbler-Sippy-pack/dp/B000ZLY6AE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1260492430&sr=8-2"] Playtex Coolster Tumbler Sippy Cup 10 oz[/ame]

Rosey

Playtex insulators no doubt. They do not spill, are BPA free, and the valve does not slip out like the gerber ones.

lovinwaves

There are some that I have liked more than others, but my favorite right now is the Foogos/Funtainers (uses a straw).

I just always had an issue with my toddlers having to suck so hard to get a drink when they are really thirsty.

The only thing we really needed to prevent from spilling or leaking is Juice or Milk, and my kids would get that in the morning in a regular cup, or just a plain ole take 'n toss sippy at the table.

Other than that, any other sippy was fine with me, because there was only water in there, and water isn't going to "hurt" the floor.

skipspin

We really like the ones form the learning curve-no valves to loose or fall out and they come in a lot of designs including my children's favorite John Deere

:yeahthat:
For little kids and no spill these are my favorite. DD had one of these by her bed at night till she was 5. DS has had the John Deere ones for a year.

I like the Thermos/Foogoo or Sig-style for older kids- starting around 2ish but not in bed.:)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
With my first daughter, I loved the Playtex ones! And now I do have a full cupboard of them for Miley, they don't get used often as she is still on the bottle...but my all time FAVORITE would have to be the Born Free cups! Maybe its just because thats the kind of bottles we use, but I love them! And so does Miley! We have a few of the learning curve ones also, just because they have Elmo on them!

Kat_Momof3

I love all cups Playtex. I like the Learning Curve Take N' Toss cups, too, of course... but playtex cups are fantastic and have never let me down... Gerber are nice, too, but when Playtex started with insulated, they became my preferred... plus, I didn't have to replace the valves anywhere nearly as often.

karlatta

We use Gerbers Sip and Smiles. I like Playtex ones, but I often lose a cup of milk in the car or under the sofa and they're harder to clean when the milk is all sour and curdled.

Logan's Mommy

Wow! Thanks for your input everyone :)
WalMart didn't have any good sippy cups. Our Walmart always fails me :(
I ended up getting this kind at BJ's:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Insulator-Twist-Click-Spout/dp/B001UFSBNC/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1260549990&sr=1-26"]Amazon.com: Playtex Baby The Insulator Twist 'n Click Spout Cup 9 OZ: Disney Cars: Baby[/ame]
A 4 pack was only $11.99! Pretty good deal.

J-max

CPST Instructor
We like the KK sippys too - we have about 15 different KK bottles and can mix and match the size and tops depending on where we are and what we are doing. I also have a bunch of the take and toss ones, that they can use outside, or what ever when I don't want the KK's to take the chance of being lost or ruined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC