ZOMG! My 11 mo old fits in a..

rodentranger

Nauti! :eek: He is 23-24 lbs, 32 inches. With the harness and head support in the lowest positions, he fits. He's actually a hair above the lowest harness slot.
This terrifies me.
P1010948.jpg

P1010949.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Scary, isn't it? My youngest fit in a SafeGuard Child Seat and Nauti both at 9 months, above the bottom slots. :whistle: Thank heavens I know better!

zactayaus

I'm quite certain my 20 lb 7 month old would fit in the GN pretty darn good. He has a torso of around 12 1/2" or so. I just can't bring myself to uninstall it from the car to switch up the harness and play cause it's freezing outside.

rodentranger

It's a toasty 15* outside here. The Nauti was just delivered, so I can play withit indoors. I wish it wasn't so cold so I could go play Car Seat Tetris!
I really wish it was warmer and I had my Frontier here too so I could see how many 3 across combos I could do!

Pixels

Yes, it does fit 1 and 20 kids well. Which, IMO, is a good thing, since it is rated for 1 and 20 and as much as I'm all for ERFing, some people (okay, most) just aren't going to do it.

LOL @ Carseat Tetris.

scatterbunny

Yes, it does fit 1 and 20 kids well. Which, IMO, is a good thing, since it is rated for 1 and 20 and as much as I'm all for ERFing, some people (okay, most) just aren't going to do it.

:yeahthat:

It bothers me more when seats are labeled to fit a certain age/size, but clearly in most cases they don't fit children that age/size (like how many convertibles are labeled from 19"/5# yet most newborns won't fit properly, or boosters labeled from 1yo/30#).

rodentranger

It scares me that there's parents that would have moved him out of the SR at 9 mos and into the Nauti. He was 20 lbs at 9 mos and so many people figure "Eh, close enough."
And then there's me. I wish I could justify the cost of the XTSL for vehicles I can only install it rf in.

Mom2FiveGirls

He is adorable :) I tried my almost 2.5 year old (she's little though) in her big sister's nauti and she almost needs the second harness slot. I told DH that was scary because she still fits RFing in a comfort sport (she's almost at the limit, but has a couple pounds and an inch or so to go). I can't imagine a child that small in that seat, but then again if it had been available when my oldest daughter turned 1, she very possibly could have been in one. I was just that clueless...

rodentranger

I suppose it's nice to know that if there was an emergency and only the Nauti was at home, either boy can fit in it.
Now I want to see if he fits in the Frontier too....:whistle:
Not that he would be in either barring an emergency.

Where do I keep the seatbelt shoulder retainer strap thingy though? If the kid needs it, they should still have the back on right? I guess I'll add a GN parts (that strap thingy and the toddler insert) bag under the bed next to the TF padding bag, the Frontier harness bag and the extra MA cover bag. Don't mind me...

scatterbunny

I do wish the Nauti had a 2yo/30# minimum like the Frontier, though...especially now that Graco has the MR, there's no reason to make it easy for parents to forward-face at 1yo/20#.

rodentranger

Seriously. There's the MR, the SR32/35 and the Nauti. At least make the Nauti not work until teh kid has outgrown the others.
I posted the first pic on my FB with the caption "While he meets manufacturer height and weight minimums, he should NOT be forward facing. Rear facing is five times safer for children up to two years of age."
So many of my friends were so eager to turn their 12/20 kids ff. The same parents who don't let their kids eat anything non-organic and NO sugar! I just don't get it.

Scary thing is my old boss asked me to check his son's seat installation...(he didn't have a clue how to install it and he had taken his best guess) It was usually in his wife's car and he was telling me how she got him the best seat and everything...he was taking his son somewhere the next day and had it in his car out back so I said I'd tell him if he had it in tight enough...I didn't install it, just checked he had it in right...he pretty much just wanted to show off the new seat because he knew I was into seats :whistle:

To my horror his 1 yr old's new seat was a Nauti.. I tried explaining to him that his son was too small for it and that they should keep him rear facing a little longer and his response was "oh- my wife knows everything about this stuff and she researched for hours before she went to get this seat" :eek:

I'd love to know what kind of research she did...:thumbsdown:

2BunniesMommy

She was not up to the 25lbs or of course the 2 year min. req. of the seat, but at 6 mo old DD2 fit great in the Frontier. She was about 21 lbs.

23uwq35.jpg

Spam

Austin's on the second slot for the nauti. I think it's a good thing it does fit small babies well since so many people use it for their 1/20's. I don't think it matters that the frontier says 2 years, because if people want to use it with their one year old they will. Look at the boosters with 30lb minimums.:rolleyes:

Pixels

DD fit the Nauti well at 10-11 months and well under 20 pounds. By the the she hit 20 pounds, she was on the second slot. She still has oodles of room in the ComfortSport (just over second slots, inches of shell left).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yep, my extremely TINY kid fit in teh nauti pretty darn well at 12 months, just barly meeting the 20 lb(clothed) and 27 inch minimums.
IMG_2566-1.jpg

amjbmommy

Yup.. my almost 9m old fits very good in big brothers GN, he is a big boy though... 24lbs and 32".... not that he rides in it though ;) he has a RF MR65 but I've put him into the GN bucked before in our driveway when I needed to move seats around.. he really digged the cupholders and cubbies, lol :)

rodentranger

I just can't imagine buying the GN with the intention of using it as his seat! No comprende!
I wish manufacturers would do more to encourage best practice.

SavsMom

I just wish they would take the Nauti, make a few adjustments and allow it to rear face - it would be like the Evenflo Symphony but better - lol!

Cryssy Jane

I just wish they would take the Nauti, make a few adjustments and allow it to rear face - it would be like the Evenflo Symphony but better - lol!

:yeahthat: The other day I saw a nauti RF in a small car... I was like uhhhh no bueno. The owner never came out so I left a little note on the window.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC