Should a harness adjuster have to be pushed locked?

AtTheSouthDam

Okay, maybe I have been spoiled by previous carseats, but should have to push the little lever to the MR's harness adjuster down as firmly as I can after adjusting the harness?

Running around with DD2 today for preschool and what not. I put her in and tightened the harness a bit (it warming up, she could use her lighter car jacket today instead of the coverall :D). When I went to put her in again it looked like it needed tightened again so I did. Okay.. it needed it again after I put her in at my mom's. Pull. I get to DD1's school, go to take DD2 out and it looks loose again and I'm thinking "WTH?". I pull on the harness it self and it just slides out. I pull it tight and try again. I did this a couple more times and the last time I really had to push the lever back into the locked position to get it to stop. Is this an issue or just something I need to get used to since it is not a RN, MA or Recaro?

ADS

Maedze

Uh, no, that's not supposed to happen...your seat is defective for some reason. Discontinue use and call Graco asap.

AtTheSouthDam

Great.
I just brought it in the house to call and decided try again. Now it can't get it replicated. It is locking up like it should. Back to the car and see if happens again...

ETA: Replicated. The little fabric square accessing the adjuster lever must have been tucked under the lever. Something I would have easily missed as I have been wearing gloves. It was the only was I get it to do it again. I am relieved. I'd rather have user error over a one time fluke I was scared was going to happen again :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC