Does anyone here actually own a symphony?

mominabigtruck

I have a coupon and I'm this close to going to bru and putting one on layaway this weekend. But I'm really worried that if I get and then don't like it I won't be able to get any money out of it because it's not a very popular seat.

So does anyone has any IRL experience or pics? I'm getting it for the baby, he's pretty short torsoed, he's only on the second slots in his kf30 and is about 19lbs. Installing in a 98 caravan in captains's chairs.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't have one, but I've played w/ it some. I have some pics of the kids in it. The booster is short and the base is really hard to take off I've been told. The LATCH is neat, but you won't use that. It has higher slots which is nice. I've heard different things on rfing shell height though and would need to read the manual.

Pixels

I was asked to help someone out at BRU, and her child hated the headrest portion. It pushed her head forward. The EFTA she was happy with. The Symphony, she screamed.

G8r4evr

We had one and really liked it (had to replace it because of a minor accident). PM me if you have any quesetions.

Mae

I don't own one, but I have lots of experience with one. The little girl I care for has one. I have a few pictures probably not the type of pictures you're looking for though; they were taken to compare with my AOE.

Symphony on Right, AOE on left. I'll have to see if I have any other pictures. I know I have some, it's just a matter of finding them. ;)

DSCI5460.jpg

padding.jpg

paddingmeasure.jpg

measurement.jpg

I like it. She's comfy in it. It's a win-win. :)

zactayaus

I don't own one but I did play with one at BBB and took pics of my little guy in it. I think he was about 5 months old in the pics.

BBBGetTogether022-1.jpg
BBBGetTogether023-3.jpg

InternationalMama

I really like the idea of the Symphony as a grandparent carseat and the new Circles pattern at TRU on the Symphony 65 is nice. :) (I don't own one though.)

I don't think I would get one for a car where I couldn't use the fancy LATCH though. It just seems like that's a big part of what you're paying for with the price tag over, say, the Evenflo Triumph Advance.

jessclear

Here are pics of my DD in one. MIL has it at her house. I LOVE it for her. I got it specifically for the Sure LATCH and infinite harness and head wings for the outboard position. It's almost impossible for MIL to mess up. DD FF in this seat, so I have never played with it RF.

Here is the thread with pics of DD in it
at 3.5yo 31lbs and about 37in. I love the support and wrap around sides. I feel very safe leaving her with MIL in this seat.

It does seem to fit little ones well with the padding and I like the multiple recline positions for RF and FF. I wish I could play with it more, but it's in another state. Hope this might help you some.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I had one for about two weeks. I hated it. I tried (I really did!) to like the red tabs, but I just couldn't stand them. I got SO annoyed trying to dig the straps out from behind DN when trying to wrangle her into the seat. :mad:

Kat_Momof3

from the reviews, while the 40lb limit makes the regular Symphony not the best choice... the Symphony 65 looks like a good 3-in-1 seat... it won't be the best booster or the last booster you need, but it should get kids to 4-6yrs old in the harness... depending on their torso height.

I have no qualms about the 65 being bought and used... just the one with the 40lb limit.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I had dd sit in one at tru today, and she is about even with the top harness setting, at least, onthe floor in tru she is, I'm n ot sure about installed, of course. She is also about even with the second to top slots on the nauti, so basically, you lose one harness slot on the nauti, for comparison. She is just 5, with a atall torso, ,so it would get kikds with smaller torsos to age 6 probably. She said it was comfy, but wouldn't buckle, ,so i wsn't able to see how tight the neck strtaps are..they look narrow.

jessclear

I have no qualms about the 65 being bought and used... just the one with the 40lb limit.

I agree that for most parents, I would only recommend the 65lb version, but my DD is a little peanut. I have no doubt we will get good use out of the 40lb version I bought. It was the only one available when I needed it and it was only $99. Couldn't beat it! :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll need to find another MIL seat in the future, but this should last my little one a while.

Kat_Momof3

I agree that for most parents, I would only recommend the 65lb version, but my DD is a little peanut. I have no doubt we will get good use out of the 40lb version I bought. It was the only one available when I needed it and it was only $99. Couldn't beat it! :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll need to find another MIL seat in the future, but this should last my little one a while.

Oh, yeah, for the lightweight ones, the 40lb version is fine... just for most kids it isn't enough... but for you and (just off the top of my head) kids like fyrfightermom's (I think I got that sn right... E is the child I'm thinking of... with the feeding tube and all), it's great.

It really depends on the child/situation.

That sums up what I was trying to say.

fyrfightermomma

Oh, yeah, for the lightweight ones, the 40lb version is fine... just for most kids it isn't enough... but for you and (just off the top of my head) kids like fyrfightermom's (I think I got that sn right... E is the child I'm thinking of... with the feeding tube and all), it's great.

That sums up what I was trying to say.

*snort* we'd be fine with a 32 lb bucket......I don't think we'll ever need the full 40 lbs of even a 40 lb seat. :whistle: She'd be like 9 I swear......

But I do actually like this seat and have contemplated it since she's about done with her YS (harness too short). But I'm holding out for the infamous new Recaro seat that may or may not come out this year or next year or the year after.......:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC