Does your Ikea have this high chair?

Holly

I've seen this high chair at Ikea before, but it's not on the Ikea website anymore. I don't go to Ikea often because it's kind of far, I have to go there specifically to get something, not just browse, so I don't know if they still have it, it's been a while since I've gone. I dont even know the name of this high chair, but I like it!
Anyone know if your Ikea still sells it? If they do, there is a good chance mine might still have them too! Anyone know the price these are/were in Ikea?

http://cgi.ebay.com/IKEA-BABY-WOODE...QcmdZViewItemQQptZFeeding?hash=item2ea6e698ce

ADS

Holly

I'm not sure what the high chair is called though. Should I just ask them if they have a wooden chair with no tray, similar to restaurant high chairs?

rochelle

I was at Ikea Palo Alto (NorCal) during thanksgiving weekend and did not see it anymore. Could be discontinued though. It is their only baby high chair that is wooden so the Ikea staff should know what you are taking about

Holly

I just called IKEA and some guy tracked it down, it's called the Gulliver high chair and it's $59.99 and the store here shows they have 2 with 4 more on order. YIKES on the price though, I thought it was only like $20 or $25. Oh well. I'll get a different restaurant style high chair, I found on on ebay for $23 and a restaurant supply store for $25.

canadiangie

Holly, it's really small. Like it almost reminds me of a dolly highchair... :confused: I like the concept, but there's something about it that makes me worried it could tip... or even fall forward. It's a strange item, I've looked at it many times. I don't think I'd buy it for a child over the age of 18mos.

Logan's Mommy

That is a good-looking high chair, but like the others said, it's miniature and looks unsafe. :(

Why not one like this? It's not too much money, comes in different finishes, and will last a while.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lipper-International-516P-Chair-Pecan/dp/B000P7RIOY"]Amazon.com: Lipper International 516P High Chair, Pecan: Baby[/ame]
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lipper-International-516-Chair-Natural/dp/B000P7Y9IW/ref=pd_cp_ba_1"]Amazon.com: Lipper International 516 High Chair, Natural: Baby[/ame]

zactayaus

I'd personally just keep the high chair you have. I love trays for baby's that are just learning how to feed themselves cause you can get the tray nice and close to them and it makes clean up so much easier. You'll find with the restraunt style highchair you're changing outfits after every feeding plus cleaning up the whole chair (not just the tray) and the floor underneath. I think the restraunt style chairs are much better for toddlers that have been self feeding confidently for some time.:twocents:

Holly

The main reason I want to get a restaurant style high chair is so I can move one of the girls chairs to the other side of the table and keep them separated a little bit more, and I think it would be easier to have them across from each other for coloring and art activities etc. That and I also think it would be nice to have him eat at the table with us, and to not have his big high chair all over the place in the way.

I think I would miss the tray a little bit for cleaning up, because you can't take the whole tray to the sink, but I clean up the seat part of his high chair all the time, and the floor all the time from the girls.
Maybe I should just watch for the restaurant style chair to come back on kids.woot.com. They had one on the woot off and I hesitated several times and didn't get it because it was white with little painted baby scenes on it, and I would have wanted it plain.
There is a seller on ebay who has tons of brand new ones for $23 and $13 shipping, and there is a restaurant supply store that has them for $24.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I like their cloth one, though I don't like the pattern (reminds me of that awful Generations cover) but I love the idea that you can zip off the seat and throw it in the wash.

lovinwaves

Holly, we wanted to do the same with our highchair, so I understand what you are saying. It is nice having both options of having the tray AND pulling them up to the table. I will tell you though, that woot highchair is on the shorter side, and the table is going to be hitting him at the chest/chin area.

We used our Graco highchair, which allowed you to remove the tray, and pull the highchair right up to the table. The whole highchair adjusted up and down, so we could adjust the height so it slid right under the table :thumbsup: Maybe try one of those?

This was our exact highchair

3kc3pb3o15V25Qe5P99cb1485f01e87ad1067.jpg

ETA: found some pictures of Peyton at 2 years old in the highchair pulled up to the table :D

15557_224532699413_612249413_4209170_6206431_n.jpg

MiscellaneousPhotos113.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC