Question Questions about Radians...

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Ok, I want to get ds an xtsl when I move dd out of the sr in March/April. Ds is a tall lightweight, but I just want an xtsl, ya'll understand. ;) We are getting a p&s settlement from the insurance company on my wreck while I was pegnant. I would LOVE to order the xtsl now, but find it hard to justify seeing that we have two very new seats now. (of course now that we have the funds I want a kf30 and xtsl, but dh would never let me buy a new bucket)

What is the life expectancy of radians?

Around when would an xtsl purchased now have been made?

I really don't look to use the xtsl for dd, unless I need to switch her to it to keep her rfing later on (read: incase she's a heavyweight). Even then, we will likely just order a new one so ds can use the xtsl to its fullest. I told dh today
that ds would be erfd until max and harnessed to max before boostered.. SIL has her 45-50lb newly 7yo dd unharnessed/unboostered. It makes me made and comes up everytime we see them.

Should I order the seat now, or wait until I am ready to move dd so I can get the newest dom then? I could wait until summer to move dd (if she still fits)..

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Radians are good for eight years. And the XTSLs only hit the shelves in September, so they won't be much older than August at the earliest.

If you have a car made after September 1, 2005 then you can use the SL feature of the seat, so that completely justifies an XTSL over just an XT. :) Regardless of the weight limit. And with an eight year lifespan you'd have a 45 pound rear facing seat for any other kids coming down the line.

Wendy

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Radians are good for eight years. And the XTSLs only hit the shelves in September, so they won't be much older than August at the earliest.

If you have a car made after September 1, 2005 then you can use the SL feature of the seat, so that completely justifies an XTSL over just an XT. :) Regardless of the weight limit. And with an eight year lifespan you'd have a 45 pound rear facing seat for any other kids coming down the line.

Wendy

Right now I am in a 2004 Explorer, but by the time ds is 40lbs, I'll likely have a new car. We want to be payment free for a year before we buy it. 10 mos left. :rolleyes: So ds would be almost 10 and dd would be almost 8 before it expires... They both should be out by then. :) I was worried about getting a 5-6yr seat that could not really be used for dd if ds outgrew it. I could let her max out the tfp and move to the xtsl when ds goes to a booster... of course what is the likelyhood that I won't want new seats by then? :eek: I can totally see my parents or someone needing them in a few years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC