where can i take a carseat to be destroyed?

amy704688

i have an evenflo cozy carrier that needs to be destroyed. i'm afraid to just cut the straps and whatnot b/c the seat isn't expired (just cracked where the seat goes into the base). i'm afraid if i do that then someone will call evenflo and get replacement straps for the carseat! its not safe and its been recalled for something, and needs to be destroyed!!! can someone please tell me where i can go? i live near st louis, missouri!

ADS

smurf

Easy:
borrow sledge hammer
strike at seat repeatedly until shattered
repeat as needed until your urge for destruction has been satisfied and seat is no longer usable

You're right in worrying that someone might use the seat if it isn't destroyed. They will.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
An axe works, too -- even better, a chainsaw (rentable at Home Depot I think) or use the carseat as target practice :p I usually just take turns with the sledge hammer (my SO does the best damage) & then we hammer off any nuts & bolts -- cut up all the straps & cover, write "DANGEROUS: DO NOT USE" in permanent marker all over the plastic shell/frame....

Or you could ask if your local CPST instructor would like for training purposes :)

mak101376

Would putting it in the giant trash compactor (for an entire apartment complex) do it? I hope so, because that is what I did with 3 bad ones I got off freecycle.

MySweetAGL

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I heard that you can take it to a fire station and they will desroy it for you.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I had my dh destroy an old on at the fire station but he's a volenteer fire fighter, so he kinda just went in and used the saws, and stuff on it till it was all cut up then we threw it in the dumpster, doesn't hurt to call and ask if deptartment will for ya or not...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC