Graco Rittenhouse pattern, is it girly?

american_mommy

We are expecting a boy in Feb and I am still trying to decide between the Keyfit 30 and SR 32. My mom works at Walmart so gets a discount and I saw they have the Rittenhouse pattern online but thought it might be too girly. They only had that one and the Zurich pattern but I like the infant support in the Rittenhouse better or at least the way it looks. They only had the 22 lb Chicco. So I would have to go somewhere else for it. Of course i might anyway if I don't like the pattern.
TIA!

Tammy

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I love the Rittenhouse for a girl or a boy. We don't know what we are having yet and that seat and pattern is at the top of my list.

Get it! It's classic and beautiful...In my opinion it's the nicest looking infant seat out there. I would use if for either gender and I have used it for a boy in the past. I own a "Central Park" black and cream toile seat that is similar and I've always used it for both boys and girls.

Get the SnugRide32 Rittenhouse seat not the Safeseat- they are different and the infant insert is nicer in the new version plus the manufacture date should be more recent on the Snugride32 than the SafeSeat.

It's the one seat I would actually buy just to save the cover for my future kids! haha

canadiangie

We are expecting a boy in Feb and I am still trying to decide between the Keyfit 30 and SR 32. My mom works at Walmart so gets a discount and I saw they have the Rittenhouse pattern online but thought it might be too girly. They only had that one and the Zurich pattern but I like the infant support in the Rittenhouse better or at least the way it looks. They only had the 22 lb Chicco. So I would have to go somewhere else for it. Of course i might anyway if I don't like the pattern.
TIA!

Tammy

It's more girly to me, but I'd still use it for a boy, if that makes sense. it kind of reminds me of french couture toille or something.. almost like lace.. but again, I'd still use it for a boy. Esp if you can get a good deal, and prefer the insert to what Zurich offers.

american_mommy

Thank you! That really helps! The one listed on the WM site says Snugride 32 so that must be the new one.
Now to just really decide. I amhoping my dr will let me have another u/s to see what the baby's size is. My last baby was 6 2 1/2 but the one before that was 9 2 1/2 so I am struggling at which to get because of the size of the baby.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I'm 13 weeks pregnant, and already bought the SR32 in Rittenhouse :eek::rolleyes: I love it! We're not finding out... I think it definitely works for a girl or a boy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC