'07 Dodge Magnum problems

MomTo1

I was in an accident last week and my van is in the shop being fixed. My loaner car is a 2007 Dodge Magnum. Nice car, except it SUCKS for installing seats. I've tried every flipping seat I have (Century Bravo, Graco Comfortsport, Evenflo Chase, FPSVD) and I can't get a good install with any of them in any position.

It has latch in all 3 rear seating positions, but the sets are very close together, so all the seats I have are wider than the latch positions, making it a pain in the butt to get them hooked and tightened correctly. I have my FPSVD installed with latch right now and while it's not rock solid, it's an acceptable install.

The seatbelts are another issue though. The front passenger seat and the middle back seat have switchable retractor belts. The 2 outboard positions in the back have ELR with lightweight latchplates. The biggest problem though is that the female end is so.darn.long. I've tried the 3 full twists (3 right?) and that doesn't do a darn thing. On every seat I have it sits right in the belt path opening making it impossible to tighten.

Is there something I'm not thinking of? I'm just venting I guess and I want my van back! I have captains chairs and can get an awesome install with every seat I've ever had.

ADS

Splash

Check to make sure the anchors don't overlap. ALL lower anchors are in sets 11 inches apart, so those are no closer and no wider than every other set if you are using the right ones. Some cars with small backseats overlap them in order to <s>confuse the heck out of parents and encourage misuse</s> fit them all in there.

Like this (L left, R right, C center)

L_____C_L___R_C_____R

Or this

L____C_L___C_R_____R

daniele_ut

We rented a 2007 Magnum a few months ago while our Subaru was in the shop and had no problem at all getting a rock solid seatbelt install with our Marathon in the center seat. I don't remember having a problem with a long female belt stalk. We have this problem in our Subaru and can't get a good install in the center with any seat in that car. We only had the car for a week, so I'm having a hard time remembering what I did, I just remember that it was a LOT easier to install my MA in that car than in my Subaru. I also don't remember lightweight latchplates, but I didn't try an outboard install.

We had a similar problem when I tried to use LATCH in a Trailblazer from my company's motor pool, but eventually I was able to position the MA so that even though the anchors weren't as wide as the base of the seat, the install was tight.

MomTo1

Huh. Not sure what the problem was then. I couldn't get a good install anywhere. Oh well. Luckily we had no where to go and I got my van back yesterday. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the van, but I get such great installs in my van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC