Latch belt "button" causing pain

morninglori

I found this post from last month, with the same problem that we are having...the latch belt plastic button and connection strap is significantly raised (~0.25 inch) and can be felt throught the seat back padding.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=104157&referrerid=7183

Mason has been complaining of pain in this seat lately. I never noticed it before because initially she was using it with the extra padding when we first got the seat around 24mo. I turned her back RF in the RN at 30mo so she hasn't used the GN until just now and the extra padding has been removed.

The seat has a DOM of 3/08.

I am thinking of just removing the "button' and fabric loop for the latch strap as a solution. It appears that the button/strap do two things...1) keep the latch strap attached so that it doesn't get lost, and 2) keep the latch strap up and away from the belt path if you use the seatbelt so that the two belts don't interfere with each other.

I don't intend to sell or gift this seat within the next 4 years, and IF the latch belt gets lost, I can install with seatbelt very easy - and will have to when she weighs over 48lbs.

I will call Graco tomorrow to see what they say, but I wanted to get you alls :twocents: if possible. What do you think?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It looks like there are two notches on the button stem. Is yours pushed all the way through? Ds hasn't complained and mine don't seem too stick up much.

eta: here's a picture of what I mean. is yours through that far? If not, I'd call Graco (or maybe call anyway ;))

GNbuttonstem.jpg

morninglori

crunchier - mine only has "#1" no "#2". I can push the button in and it feels flatter, but any tension on the latch belt pulls it out.

morninglori

Finally got ahold of Graco today and they are replacing the seat. I asked about removing the button and as expected, they told me that they can't reccomend me doing that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC