leapster2 deals? and is it really what I want?

mykidsmom

I think I want a leapster 2 for my 5 year old (will be 6 in march).
The Didj has deals, but I'm not sure that is what I want. I haven't seen any really good leapster 2 deals. The cheapest I've seen is around $50. I don't really want to spend that much as I don't want this to be something that is used constantly. Just for car rides, and that kind of thing.

She is in Kindergarten, and I want the games to be educational. I think the balance of gaming to education is more gaming for the didj (with some education), and more educational for the leapster.

I also have a 2 year old, but I think she is too young for the leapster, but maybe next year it could be passed down to her if my 5 year old gets something newer next year.

The leapster2 seems to have better reviews than the didj.

Also, right now she plays games on her clickstart system (the leapfrog tv game system) but they are pretty easy for her. If that is easy, would the leapster be too easy? It is more challenging I think than the clickstart system, right?

Thanks for the help!

ADS

autumnlily

I'm very interested to hear others comments too. Thanks for posting a very clear outline of questions!

We purchased a Leapster2 ($34 on black friday) and Dora game ($15)... but haven't decided if this should be the gift this year (my DD just turned 4).

aeormsby

I'm very interested to hear others comments too. Thanks for posting a very clear outline of questions!

We purchased a Leapster2 ($34 on black friday) and Dora game ($15)... but haven't decided if this should be the gift this year (my DD just turned 4).

I think a just turned 4yo is a great age for the Leapster/L2. My DD has been using hers since this summer and she will be turning 4 in January. I just ordered a Didj yesterday on kids.woot since it was a great price. I'll hold on to that one for at least a year.

There had been some codes for the Leaspter stuff. And there are some package deals on the leapfrog website. I think the cheapest prices were on the Leapster (not the 2), that's what we have, not sure what the differences are. There are free shipping codes for the leapfrog website (free shipping over $50 and maybe a few others.)

Ann

We've only been using the age 4-6/7 games for my DD, There are older games for the Leapster that would probably be better for a kindergardener. Many of the ones we have are pretty basic - writing letters, counting, letter sounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC