Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

triplets on the way

I have a question.I am awaiting the arrival of triplets n March and own a Ford Explorer. Can anyone tell me which car seat will fit? I already have the extra part i need for the extra seat, something like a latch i guess. I also have a peg perrego triple stroller which we are having fit for carseats so i would like them to be the same. Help, i am running out of time and am a nervous first time mom. Thanks Angella

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician

Re: triplets on the way

I'm a little confused about what extra part you have for an extra seat? Can you describe it more? Are you talking about lower anchors?

What year is your Explorer? Does it have a third row, or are you trying to fit 3 seats across? Off hand, I'm not sure what would fit 3 across, all RF in that car.

CPS Advocate

I think 3 keyfits might fit across and they fit smaller babies nicely as well. What year is your vehicle?
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

angella

Smile Re: triplets on the way

Hello, it is a 2000 ford explorer, yes it is a lower anchor and it has no 3rd row. just the front(driver and passenger bucket)and a bench seat in back. i really need three rf carseats that fit well, a bonus would be if they fit the peg stroller. thanks for replying so fast. Angella

Admin - CPS Technician

I agree. I'd probably try the keyfit, since it's relatively narrow. I'd definitely make sure that you can return whatever seats you buy, because it could take a few tries to find 3 that fit.

FYI - A 2000 Explorer should have tether anchors, which are used for forward facing seats. There are not lower anchors (LATCH) in a 2000 Explorer - you will need to use the safety belt to install the seats.

CPS Technician

I'd try the Keyfit too. I wonder if 3 Peg seats would work? They'd probably work w/ your stroller and they seem to hold smaller babies well. I'd try the Chicco first though, you can find them at BRU.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Carseat Crazy

My brother was able to fit three peg primos across a camery, so I'd say they're worth a try.

Just a thought though, I've heard the peg triplet stroller is a bear to steer. My brother went with a double and a single himself, so I don't know for sure. I've just read it over at triplet connection. They say it's not so nice for older kids unless you have the newer one (which costs about as much as the runabout, which is hands down the best triplet stroller) and I imagine with the weight of the peg seats, and the babies, it won't be that fun to steer. (the peg seats are heavy)

If you could fit snugrids across you could use a triple decker stroller, I'm sure you could find one used. Or even a double and a single carseat frame type stroller and then you'll have other brands to choose from.

Carseat Crazy

Babies R Us will carry the seats out to your car so you can make sure they all will fit. My sister had either an explorer or a Mountaineer that she could fit 3 Graco Snugrides in.

Carseat Crazy

Congratulations on your upcoming triplets! I am the aunt of GGB 19 month old triplets. The peg pereggo triplet stroller can only hold two peg pereggo infant seats. It does not fit three. It is very hard to stear when they get bigger and heavier. It's awkward but I have had worse. It works well when you want to keep everyone together. We used it mainly in Busch Gardens. My SIL ended up getting the triple decker with the graco snugrides and then two strollers. A graco duoglider(double) and something else that is a single. She doesn't go anywhere alone so it works fine for her.
    If you haven't been there yet check out, tripletconnection.com

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by RubysGirl View Post
    (which costs about as much as the runabout, which is hands down the best triplet stroller)
    someone after my own heart. The runabout is the BEST, I really loved ours. We had a 4seater, 3seater, and I still have a single for actual jogging. We got one(maybe 2) of them off the TC for a great deal.

check out the for sale over at the triplet connection, I see the multiple frame strollers on there every time I look.
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Carseat Crazy

LOL, how many kids you have? Or are you a daycare mom?

CPS Advocate

well my secret is I really have 9 kids and have just been hiding them from you all lol!

Nah, I just have DS and dont plan on any more. We had a daycare for, well... all my life until 2 years ago. So after all the different multiple strollers we tried over the years we finally found the runabouts and they were just perfect! We got great deals on them online, never even paid half retail for them. The peg was one of the ones we tried as well, and hated it. Mom was a member of the MOM group locally because they let in some providers as well, and that is how we found the TC and the runabouts. They are just so awesome! We sold the 3seater to another daycare, but havent gotten around to finding a home for the 4seater. I wont let go of my single, I LOVE it!

CPS Technician

Don't forget to get ahold of your local Moms of Multiples club if you have one. Ours has 2 sales a year and they always have at least 1 or 2 triplet strollers that look perfect! I looked at one last time, but it didn't have a price. I didn't need it anyways.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)