triplets on the way

U

Unregistered

I have a question.I am awaiting the arrival of triplets n March and own a Ford Explorer. Can anyone tell me which car seat will fit? I already have the extra part i need for the extra seat, something like a latch i guess. I also have a peg perrego triple stroller which we are having fit for carseats so i would like them to be the same. Help, i am running out of time and am a nervous first time mom. Thanks Angella

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm a little confused about what extra part you have for an extra seat? Can you describe it more? Are you talking about lower anchors?

What year is your Explorer? Does it have a third row, or are you trying to fit 3 seats across? Off hand, I'm not sure what would fit 3 across, all RF in that car.

A

angella

Hello, it is a 2000 ford explorer, yes it is a lower anchor and it has no 3rd row. just the front(driver and passenger bucket)and a bench seat in back. i really need three rf carseats that fit well, a bonus would be if they fit the peg stroller. thanks for replying so fast. Angella:p :)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I agree. I'd probably try the keyfit, since it's relatively narrow. I'd definitely make sure that you can return whatever seats you buy, because it could take a few tries to find 3 that fit.

FYI - A 2000 Explorer should have tether anchors, which are used for forward facing seats. There are not lower anchors (LATCH) in a 2000 Explorer - you will need to use the safety belt to install the seats.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'd try the Keyfit too. I wonder if 3 Peg seats would work? They'd probably work w/ your stroller and they seem to hold smaller babies well. I'd try the Chicco first though, you can find them at BRU.

RubysGirl

My brother was able to fit three peg primos across a camery, so I'd say they're worth a try.

Just a thought though, I've heard the peg triplet stroller is a bear to steer. My brother went with a double and a single himself, so I don't know for sure. I've just read it over at triplet connection. They say it's not so nice for older kids unless you have the newer one (which costs about as much as the runabout, which is hands down the best triplet stroller) and I imagine with the weight of the peg seats, and the babies, it won't be that fun to steer. (the peg seats are heavy)

If you could fit snugrids across you could use a triple decker stroller, I'm sure you could find one used. Or even a double and a single carseat frame type stroller and then you'll have other brands to choose from.

Lena

Babies R Us will carry the seats out to your car so you can make sure they all will fit. My sister had either an explorer or a Mountaineer that she could fit 3 Graco Snugrides in.

Dawn

Congratulations on your upcoming triplets! I am the aunt of GGB 19 month old triplets. The peg pereggo triplet stroller can only hold two peg pereggo infant seats. It does not fit three. It is very hard to stear when they get bigger and heavier. It's awkward but I have had worse. It works well when you want to keep everyone together. We used it mainly in Busch Gardens. My SIL ended up getting the triple decker with the graco snugrides and then two strollers. A graco duoglider(double) and something else that is a single. She doesn't go anywhere alone so it works fine for her.
If you haven't been there yet check out, tripletconnection.com

LuvBug

(which costs about as much as the runabout, which is hands down the best triplet stroller)

someone after my own heart. The runabout is the BEST, I really loved ours. We had a 4seater, 3seater, and I still have a single for actual jogging. We got one(maybe 2) of them off the TC for a great deal.

check out the for sale over at the triplet connection, I see the multiple frame strollers on there every time I look.

LuvBug

well my secret is I really have 9 kids and have just been hiding them from you all :p lol!

Nah, I just have DS and dont plan on any more. We had a daycare for, well... all my life until 2 years ago. So after all the different multiple strollers we tried over the years we finally found the runabouts and they were just perfect! We got great deals on them online, never even paid half retail for them. The peg was one of the ones we tried as well, and hated it. Mom was a member of the MOM group locally because they let in some providers as well, and that is how we found the TC and the runabouts. They are just so awesome! We sold the 3seater to another daycare, but havent gotten around to finding a home for the 4seater. I wont let go of my single, I LOVE it!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Don't forget to get ahold of your local Moms of Multiples club if you have one. Ours has 2 sales a year and they always have at least 1 or 2 triplet strollers that look perfect! I looked at one last time, but it didn't have a price. I didn't need it anyways. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC