legos - someone was talking about getting them 75% off last week

aisraeltax

or maybe a few days ago.

im wondering what the deal is.

FTR, we dont NEED any more legos...we have a huge toy box FULL of them...BUT my son (almost 4) is obsessed with Star Wars and Batman now (due to Wii...oh, and Indiana Jones). I want to surprise him for his bday with brand new sets (the toy box full is from his 19 year old brother).

im looking at a $300 set and there is no way im paying that much...so where is the deal??

tia

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
It's actually pretty rare for Legos to go on sale, and whenthey do, it's generally maybe 25% off. If somebody got them 75% off, I'm thinking eithr a store was going out of business, or it was some super-duper awesome black friday doorbuster or something......

R&J'sMom

I get them at Target twice a year during their toy clearance. You have to get their right when they get marked 75% off because the Legos go quick. In some areas they sell out at 50% off. it really just depends on the store. I usually hit several Targets during the clearance and a close friend hits several different locations as well.

I lucked out and walked into a Target right as they were marking them down 75% during the last clearance. I had hit 3 other stores prior to this one and they were still at 50% off. I bought the whole endcap ( I buy for myself, my Mom, and a close friend)! I bought $1200 worth of Legos (several different Indiana Jones sets, Lego City sets, Lego Castle sets, & different Bionicles) for $300! :eek: Talk about a shopping high....

The 2 toy clearances are in January & the end of July/beginning if August. I've been shopping the toy clearances for 4 years now and I go exclusively for the Legos. I've got quite a stockpile. :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yup, what R&JsMom said. Target clearance! I was able to score some for a friend's nephews last year. She stocks up for birthdays. Ds is just getting into Legos so this year I'll start stocking up for ourselves as well. I'll try to remember to post when we start seeing the Target sale. :)

aisraeltax

awesome! his birth day is in January! would be sweeeet if i could snag $1200 of legos for $300..man, what a bargain.

AC Moore also carries legos and they haev 40 and 50% coupons often. i found one last night and am going by there to see if there are any bigger lego sets. AC Moore kind of irks me though b/c they will put the stuff "on sale" that they dont want to honor their coupons on..and the "sale" will be something like $5 off. argh!

thanks RJsMOM..it was your post i had seen.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They're always after Christmas and in the summer. Each store has a different date/different schedule but on some of the deal boards you can figure out based on previous years dates as well as some inside info from Target employees when to start stalking your local Target.

R&J'sMom

The toys usually go 75% off the 2nd or 3rd Thursday in January at my stores. You just have to watch. The good stuff goes fast so you need to get there in the morning.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC