Going crazy trying to decide (btwn XTsl/MA)

chasingboys

We are adopting a baby girl very soon and I have no idea how old/big she is going to be. We are hoping for a new infant and I do have a keyfit ready to go but I would like to also have a convertible carseat. I'm loving the idea of the Radian XTsl, but I loooooooooooooove Britax (Marathon especially)!

Are there any Britax lovers out there that now *love* the XTsl?

TIA! :love:

ADS

autumnlily

I really like both my radian (only a 65 not sl) and my MA's. Target has a good deal on a girly MA if $$ is a motivator. If you know it fits - go with the MA. If you plan to RF for an extended amount of time (recommended) try out a girly XTSL... it will fit in small spaces and ERF longer than the MA.

Congrats on adopting your baby girl! I'd say, with either seat... make sure it is decked out ALL GIRL. Enjoy!

chasingboys

Yes, we will definitely be ERF. I just love the MA for ease of use by other (non-carseat educated) people (dh, grandma, etc) and I'm used to them. I have only installed a Radian twice, and wasn't thrilled with it (it was the 65 though) I do however *love* the flora cover..so I will definitely go with flora if we decide on the XTsl. I also really love the idea of superlatch. I had a heck of a time installing a Nautilus w/seatbelt in my van's (Nissan Quest) captains seats! The belt stalk sits way out.

autumnlily

Not knowing the size or age of your soon to be daughter makes it a bit of a challenge to determine what seat will help keep her ERF. Hmmm... have you considered the Graco My Ride. It does RF to 40lbs. My 4 year old :love: ERF in her MR and the girly patterns are great. My DD could still ERF in her MA by height - but ours is a 33lb limit vs the now 35lb limit MAs. The leg room is nicer in the MR. The latch is not the nice alligator latch though.

If you have access to latch at all times for the XTSL - I could see it being an easy enough install for the car seat novices in your family.

chasingboys

Thank you for the reply Misty! I don't like the MR at all. I just searched Target for the Hannah MA and saw that it's $149! It's making my decision a whole heck of a lot harder! lol I wonder how long it will be on sale?! I'm going to call Albeebaby tomorrow and see if they'll price match. How is the legroom in the Radian? A LOT more than the MA?

autumnlily

The legroom in the RN is substantially more than the MA. But a Hannah MA for $149 is AWESOME (if you have AAA you can $15 more off)... And, FWIW - my DD never complained about the legroom in a MA (but she is short legged :rolleyes:)

autumnlily

If you decide you like the Hannah MA - you may want to place your order tonight... if it is the deal of the day, it won't be running tomorrow. I lost out on the $140 MR a few weeks back.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
My kids are tiny, and by 2.5 their legs are cramped in the MA so I personally don't like it for very ERF. We switched over to RN's and I love them. Granted, they install like a dream in my car and that's not always the case.

chasingboys

I have a 2009 Quest, I haven't had any issues installing with latch, but seatbelt is another issue entirely. It has funky seatbelt stalks in the captain's seats. I guess with SL I won't need to worry about a seatbelt install! Love that it tethers RF.

I think since I missed the $149.99 MA, I've pretty much decided on the XTSL. Now to find a good price! Thank you!

emandbri

Here is a picture of my daughter in the MA you can compare it to my siggy.

marathon 2 years 8 months

DSC02242.JPG

that said hanna for $149 I would buy it and then buy a radian later. :D

Girls are fun! lol Best of luck with your adoption!

susanx4

in my siggy is my dd3 in her hannah marathon, just last week, she is about 28 lbs and 36 inches and 2 years 7 months. she has a few months/ maybe even a year before she will out grow it rf. i played with a radian last night and i have to say i love my marathon so much more....

firemomof3

I think that the XTSL is a much better choice :twocents:
First of all, you never have to worry about having to do a seat belt install, it will fit your new dd right away and last and finally it has so many more comfort features (memory padding, loads of leg room, ability to get in/out by themselves).
Best of luck with your adoption :love:

Kat_Momof3

I think you made the right decision... you can install it with latch while she's rf and if it doesn't work with a seatbelt install, just plan to get her a new seat when she goes ff (like a britax frontier... she could use it harnessed, then she could move to the regent and your son could use it as a booster until the Regent expires and you could buy him a Monterey of his own at that time and move her back to the frontier or have her use the Monterey because the Frontier makes the tallest booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC