Who has a myride?

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I have two of them, and both of the buckles are hard to get undone. Not because of the push down, not in thing... but because they stick and you gotta jiggle it to the get it undone. Drives me nuts.

And secondly... I am disappointed with the straps. Does anyone else feel that they are way too flexible, like fabric?

ADS

Maedze

I have two....haven't had those troubles. The buckle works fine for me and the quality of the harness is comparable to Britax harnesses (the convertibles).

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I have two....haven't had those troubles. The buckle works fine for me and the quality of the harness is comparable to Britax harnesses (the convertibles).

WHOA!! Seriously?!? Did I get a bad batch or something?? My harness is nothing AT ALL comparable to my MA harnesses. It's a totally different feel, weight and quality altogether. I'd be interested to see if other have a harness like yours. Mine feels like cotton, I don't know how to explain it. :confused:

aja

we have 2 and the bubkles are great on ours. out of our recaro, radian, triumph and old snugride buckles they have been our fav.

were yours from similar manufacture dates? maybe they had a sticky batch of buckles or something?

the straps are soft/flexible but it hasn't been a problem for us yet.

autumnlily

I have used ours 3 times thus far. Buckle is fine but I did already have a twist issue with the harness... My 4 year old is a bit clumsy getting in the seat and I have a feeling that had something to do with it and her dad getting frustrated having to learn another car seat :rolleyes:

Maedze

WHOA!! Seriously?!? Did I get a bad batch or something?? My harness is nothing AT ALL comparable to my MA harnesses. It's a totally different feel, weight and quality altogether. I'd be interested to see if other have a harness like yours. Mine feels like cotton, I don't know how to explain it. :confused:

Weird. I've had seats from pretty much all manufacturers. Dorel and Evenflo are big offenders in the webbing department; they twist if you sneeze within three feet of the car :rolleyes: I've always been happy with the Graco products though, particularly the MR65 and the Nauti.

Oh I did have trouble with the MR buckle once, come to think of it, but I rinsed it out (soaked it over night upside down in a cup of water and vinegar, keeping the webbing out of the fluid) and that solved the trouble.

TheNimpsGirl

I have a MR and use it as DS's primary seat and have had no problems with the buckle or the straps twisting. The straps also feel simular though a bit less thick than a MA but better than say anything by Evenflo.

I would give Graco a call and see what they have to say. Mine is a Sept 09 manufactor date btw.

AtTheSouthDam

I have one. I haven't had a problem with twisty straps, at least no more so than any other seat I have every had. Never enough to bother me, anyway.

The buckle STICKS. Yep, mine too. Sometimes I have no problems for days, then all of the sudden it will stick. It takes a couple of tries to get it loose. It annoys me, sometimes, but it was supposed to be DH's seat (Somehow it is in my van again so she can sit in the back row and see out the rear window :rolleyes:). It hasn;t done it lately but if it starts again I am calling.

What is your DOM?

Mommy2Marcus

I have one & have not had any issues with it. It has been great. I also find the harness on mine to be pretty durable feelings. Not quite as thick as Britax, but not to terribly far behind them & deffinatly better than any Dorel seat I have ever owned.

Heather86

My buckle sticks from time to time but not every time I use it, the harness only got twisted once and that's when Connor wanted to buckle himself in :rolleyes: But it was an easy fix. I like the harness webbing, I actually compared my ma harness and the mr harness and they really are close in gauge :twocents: entirely imo of course

Jonah Baby

I've had two (and now I have "two sets" of MyRide apparatus, minus one shell.)
One of our buckles sticks, the other does not.
I did find our harness (one of them) to become softer, looser over time, but I would still compare it to the strength of our Britax or Radian harnesses. I have owned Dorel Crap for years and our MyRide harness does not even come close.

Perhaps you should give them a ring?
The buckles are annoying, yes, sometimes fixable, but I would head to the store and compare your harness to others and see if you are then reassured.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
My DOM's are 5/09 and 8/09.

After further inspection, I have a better explanation... if you look at the latch anchor straps on the MR... that is the quality I'm used to.. which seems very similar to the MA. Compare the latch anchor straps and the harness straps. The webbing seems so flimsy to me. I don't know why... :confused:

And like a few PPs mentioned... with the sticking... mine does the exact same thing.. one day it sticks then it doesn't stick for a while, then it will do it again, then not for a while. I don't get it. Both of mine do it. I think I may call and ask Graco about it.

emandbri

Weird, mine has been used very little so I can't comment on the sticky buckle but the straps on mine are quite thick! Very, very, odd!

poohbearkrazy

:shrug-shoulders:Wierd... My friend has a MR and the straps on hers are the same as what i've seen on the SS1 and the Nauti. Which in my opinion are very sturdy. And yes she does have the problem with the buckle sticking. She just called me the other day to see if I knew what to do about it and I told her to call the company. She did and they are sending her a new harness and buckle. Hopefully that will fix the problem. IMO a stuck harness would be very scary, what if the child was choking or something.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
:shrug-shoulders:Wierd... My friend has a MR and the straps on hers are the same as what i've seen on the SS1 and the Nauti. Which in my opinion are very sturdy. And yes she does have the problem with the buckle sticking. She just called me the other day to see if I knew what to do about it and I told her to call the company. She did and they are sending her a new harness and buckle. Hopefully that will fix the problem. IMO a stuck harness would be very scary, what if the child was choking or something.

Very goood point. I'm calling them today. I would expect a sticky buckle when it's been used for a while and crud gets in there. But we've had the sticking problem from day one and my kids don't eat in their seats. Actually, the pink one had the sticky buckle when I fit DD in the seat in the house before I even installed it. Urgh!!!

StillThankful

No problems with MR for me either--but I do think the harness straps are less thick than MA but that could just be me. I have to digress--I've been wanting to say this all week about your siggy---how adorable! How can you say no to him at all with those cute, sad eyes like that? :)

LM4M

CPST Instructor
No problems with MR for me either--but I do think the harness straps are less thick than MA but that could just be me. I have to digress--I've been wanting to say this all week about your siggy---how adorable! How can you say no to him at all with those cute, sad eyes like that? :)

LOL He actually was crying because I wouldn't let him watch the nightmare before christmas. :rolleyes:

His eyes and pouty lips are what keeps him out of trouble alot around here. :whistle:

D

DsnyMama

We just got our MR65 and love it. The buckle isn't sticky and the straps seem of very good quality.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No problems here so far and no problems with the seat in the store. The buckle and harness seems identical to me as the one on the Nautilus and I think the harness material might be the same as the SS1 too.

It's definitely a thicker weight anyways, not prone to twisting at all like the old Dorel harnesses were.

I've only had problems with the Nautilus buckle if I do something weird when unbuckling. It doesn't like to be unbuckled under tension, so if you're used to not loosening and tightening the harness every time, loosening it before unbuckling may solve the problem. I also don't pull on the tongues really until they've popped up as far as they're going to. If you start to pull as you push the button down, then I've found sometimes you can catch an edge of the buckle tongue. But push it and then after pull out and I haven't had any problems.

Raegansmom4

I think the difference in the harness "feel" is the Britax harness is "slippery" and the MR/GN harness isn't. I feel the Graco harness to be just as comparable in quality as the Britax, imo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC