Avenue vs ComfortSport

Mom2FiveGirls

DD#5 is really close to outgrowing the CS (she's got about an inch and around 1.5 lbs to go). She is using that RFing in DH's car right now. If I can find an Avenue for $39.99 (I've heard its on sale at Kmart and Sears. Its apparently out of stock on sears.com and is showing up for $89.99 on kmart.com) I am planning on getting one, but realistically, how much longer will it last DD RFing? I'm not really worried about weight as much as height. She was 25 lbs at 1 year and now at 2.5 years she is 28.5 lbs (fully clothed with a lightweight jacket, and shoes).

If I can get one, my plan is to put DD#4 RFing in DD#5's MR and put DD#5 RFing in the avenue in my truck and then put the AOE that is currently FFing in DH's car RFing for DD#5 and put the GN that DD#4 is using in my truck now into DH's car. Of course DH isn't thrilled that I want to buy another seat, but I'm not comfortable with DD#5 FFing in his car yet (she's 2.5, 28.5 lbs, and around 35 inches). He says if she was under 2 he could see the point but not at 2.5. Plus he keeps pointing out that she's got an inch and a pound to go so I need to wait and see if she makes it to 3 without growing. AHH! What is the chance of that happening?!? I told him slim to none.

ADS

Maedze

The Avenue shell is substantially taller than the CS...I imagine you'd get a full year or two more growth out of it :twocents:

Mom2FiveGirls

Awesome! Thanks! I'm going to try my best to get to the store tonight to try to find one. If not, I'll go tomorrow morning.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
This is the CS. I just looked and this was Oct 30th, so it was probably w/in weeks of the pic below.
p_00105.jpg

Here's Ilana in the Avenue, this was this fall so w/in the past 6 wks or so.
jan09002.jpg

Last edited:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yep, a lot taller, it'll definitely get you more time, I'd be willing toi put money on a year, and lay even odds on 2 years ;)

skaterbabs

I've seen kids outgrow the CS FF before reaching the RF weight limit. IMO, there really is no point to the seat. If you can't find an Avenue, get a Scenera.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... and her being so tiny makes the Avenue more of an investment... she can use it for awhile ff after she gets to the limit or you just decide to flip her (and yes, she could choose not to grow... but on the other side... she could hit a spurt).

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I've seen kids outgrow the CS FF before reaching the RF weight limit. IMO, there really is no point to the seat. If you can't find an Avenue, get a Scenera.

Now that you said that, I think my CS pic was sooner than I thought. I remember thinking, wow, she's only 30# and too tall to use the seat ffing. :mad: She was just 30# at her 3yo appt so it might've been October. Yup, I found it, October 30.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC