MR65 Pics How is the fit?

dibh1129

Would you buy this seat? DS is 15 months old, 23ish lbs, not sure on height but he is all torso. This seat will be used in grandma's car to pick him up from day care 3 days a week (she drives a Lexus IS, I will try to install this seat in the car before buying it) and for travel. Does he have enough growing room in this seat? Does it look like shoulder room is going to be an issue in the future?

versex.jpg

ADS

Maedze

I think the fit looks great and you'll easily get to the third or fourth birthday rear facing in this seat :)

armywife12

He has plenty of room above his head in the seat, at least 5 inches. I would say yes, definitely, if he was on the heavier side but he is only 23lbs so he'll probably outgrow rear facing in height way before he reaches 40lbs. For a child that doesn't need the extra 5lbs rear facing, I wouldn't get this seat. I would look more at the True Fit because of the taller shell. We bought the MyRide for my son when he was 22 months old, 33lbs, and around 37 inches tall. The pic in my siggy was taken soon after we bought the seat so you can see how much room he had. We bought the seat because he hit the max limit on his Marathon (only went to 33lbs rear facing). Now he is 27 months old and 35lbs so he has also hit the max limit on his True Fit (35lbs). He still has at least 4 inches of growth above his head in the True Fit though. Here are pics of him in the True Fit, taken today actually.

calebtruefit.jpg

This is him in the MyRide, taken about 2 months ago. He's grown slightly since then
post_691245_1256330680_med1.jpg

post_691245_1256330555_med1.jpg

If you can afford it, I would look at the True Fit
ETA: I think the shoulder room looks fine. I guess what seat you should get depends on what your rear facing and harnessing goals are. If you want to rear face to about 2.5 yrs old, the MyRide would work but if you are looking to rear face past 3 yrs old, I think the True Fit would be a better choice. If he doesn't grow fast in the torso, he may make it to 3 yrs old rear facing in the MyRide. It is easier to install than the True fit too!

Last edited:

armywife12

I think the fit looks great and you'll easily get to the third or fourth birthday rear facing in this seat :)

You think he'd last that long rear facing? I was looking back at my son's pics of him in his True Fit and I have one taken at 15 months and one taken today. He has grown in torso about the same amount that her son has left in the MyRide based on those pics. That is only a span of 1 yr. I mean, I know every child is different and not all children will grow like my son but I think my son's growth is pretty average. I see most children outgrowing the MyRide rear facing around 3 yrs old but around 2.5 for longer torsoes like my son's and it seems like the pp's child has a longish torso. I know children have more room rear facing when the seat is actually installed but rear facing to 4 yrs old for this child kind of sounds far fetched. Here are pics of my son at 15 months old and today (at 27 months old). Feel free to tell me if my son grew in torso more than the average child though...lol. I've always wondered about how mine compared in torso to other children

P9200191.jpg

calebtruefit.jpg

Sorry for being a posting and picture whore tonight...I'm super bored

I just tried my little sis in the MyRide the other day...she is 15 months and 23lbs also. I thought she looked great and I would buy it for sure! What a cute little pair they are :)

I'd say she liked it! It was the only one she'd sit in and seemed to fit well.
066.jpg

featherhead

looks like only half an inch or so less room than my 8 month old:) I say go for it, that's lots of time.

dibh1129

Armywife, my son's primary seat is a TFP and he looks exactly like what your son looked like at 15 months. I would love to get another TF but I am really concerned about the seat fitting in the Lexus IS. It literally has the smallest back seat ever (about the same or smaller than my DH's corolla). Also in case my parents need to install it themselves, it has to be really easy to install, so that is why I went with the MR65 even though I am not sold on it.

armywife12

Armywife, my son's primary seat is a TFP and he looks exactly like what your son looked like at 15 months. I would love to get another TF but I am really concerned about the seat fitting in the Lexus IS. It literally has the smallest back seat ever (about the same or smaller than my DH's corolla). Also in case my parents need to install it themselves, it has to be really easy to install, so that is why I went with the MR65 even though I am not sold on it.

This in bold would probably be why I would buy the MyRide then. The MyRide is MUCH easier to install than the True fit. It was even easier than the Marathon I had and that was a piece of cake. I'm not familiar with the back seat of a Lexus IS. I just did a quick google search and it didn't look all that small but it's hard to judge from a picture. The pic of my son rear facing in the True fit at 15 months was taken in an 05 Neon. I'm not sure how that compares to your parents' vehicle but it fit very well in the Neon. We bought the seat when he was 7 months old so it needed a bit of a recline to it and it still fit well. At 15 months old, he was able to sit a bit more upright. We also had the MyRide in the Neon, center position, and I remember the fit being pretty similar. I have pics of both seats rear facing in the Neon so, if you think the back seat is similar, I'd be more than happy to give you comparison pics of both seats.

ETA: Actually, you already have comparison pics from what I posted...lol. Both pics of my son rear facing in the seats were taken in the Neon

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC