Our new Radian 80sl

dawnp15

Just wanted to share some quick pics from our play time with the new seat today!!!:love:

This is DD1 she is 4yrs 48lbs and 44inches
DSC_0006-1.jpg

This is DD2 she is 12 months and a tiny 17lbs and not sure on her height??
DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DD1 is going to use this seat for now, i promised her she could use it first. So i was just playing with it with DD2, but was wondering how the RF angle looked?? First time i've ever installed one, since it's the first Radian i've owned.:love:

ADS

munchkin

Cute kids! How much growing room does your oldest have?

The angle looks pretty good. What type of vehicle is that?

The only thing that concerns me a little (VERY little, because I can't see it in real life or really good in the pics) is the buckle while the seat is RF. Did you twist the buckle stalk down at all? You can do it up to 3 times. That might help get the buckle away from the belt path opening.

dawnp15

Thanks!! Yeah i twisted it once, but that's all i could do. It's a chevy venture van and the belt stalks in the 3rd row are really short.

ODD dosn't have a ton of growing room in this seat, but she dosn't in her nautilus either. This girl is allll torso!!! She has roughly less than an inch, probably between 1/2in-3/4in. I'm just keeping her in a harness as long as possible, she's only 4 :(

Casby

Did you twist the buckle stalk down at all? You can do it up to 3 times. That might help get the buckle away from the belt path opening.

Maybe I need to start a new thread but ... Can you elaborate on this? Why and how far does the buckle need to be from the belt path opening. I just installed this seat on my '05 Ody and think mine is pretty close and didnt know to look for that. Good thing I am waiting to put DD into the seat until I get it checked!

Cryssy Jane

AWE dawn they look awesome in that metro!!! So glad it went to some one who will properly use it and get lots of use out of it! The fit looks great on both girls. I would think that it's a little too reclined for your DD2 but that could just be me as I'm terrible at judging angles in pictures.

abacus2

Adorable! I was worried for a minute that it was a brand new seat just for your 4 year old who does not have much growing room, but then I saw the second cutie who has lots of room. :love:

dawnp15

Yeah she's always been over the 95th percentile for height and weight her whole life, so i'm looking into getting her a regent or start booster training. She's bigger than some of her cousins that are 5 and 6!!!

Shaunam

Yeah she's always been over the 95th percentile for height and weight her whole life, so i'm looking into getting her a regent or start booster training. She's bigger than some of her cousins that are 5 and 6!!!

She's a little taller than my 5 year old boy who's 75% for height! Both kids are adorable! And yeah, I'd be snatching up a regent if possible if she isn't ready for a booster anytime soon.

Kat_Momof3

I figured it couldn't just be her torso.

My vote is Booster with an 86-Y harness (COUGH... MONTEREY... COUGH)..... so you can use the harness till she's at least 6... and then switch to using the seatbelt when she's big enough and have the harness for any future tall kids.

Kat_Momof3

http://www.ezonpro.com/products/familyVehicle/86yHarness.shtml

this is the 86-Y... most of the info is there...

you can find more info at the sites below (the first sells them)

http://www.hipmonkey.com/Ez-On-86Y-Universal-Harness_p_135.html

this one you have to scroll down till you get to the paragraph on the harnesses - http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/Over40.aspx

I know that some companies are fine with you using the harness with the booster (sunshine kids, for one), but others aren't... so obviously then it comes to parental decision... but I'd rather make that choice than have my child in a lap-only belt if I can avoid it.... and I also prefer it for kids who CLEARLY need one due to sheer size and age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC