Needs/Wants:
relatively narrow
at least 16 in top slots
preferably over 40 lb limit, but not essential

Other Seats to Puzzle With:
2 MA's
1 RN65
1 KeyFit

So far I could only think of the Safety 1st Avenue for about $90 but while I was looking on Safety 1st's website I saw this seat: http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...983-22469BSE-Alpha-Omega-Convertible-Car-Seat on sale for $79! I normally would never look at a 3-in-1 but she would only use it as a convertible and it goes to 50 lbs and has the nice quick adjust harness- all for $10 less than the Avenue! Is this a decent seat when used that way? Also, can the base come off in harness mode (rf/ff) or only in booster mode? Because she would def. want the base off (for narrowness and lightness). Is there anything else I need to know to look out for with the 3-in-1's? Am I correct that this is probably the best deal for her or do you guys know of a better one?

TIA! :)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If it's really a 50 pound seat I'd go for that! The base can come off, it has 17.5" top slots, 35 pounds rear, and 50 pounds forward.

Wendy

loufrando

Thanks Wendy. I thought so, but I just needed to hear it from someone else. I'm going to call before I order to confirm that it is indeed a newer-50 lb-useable top slot one (and confirm the price- it's like 50% off!).

It's weird to actually buy a AOI! It hasn't been that long since they updated them and I still am so used to hating them all these years!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC