Is the Graco Nautilus still a good choice?

epost

I have not been on for a while so I want to make sure this is still a good choice or perhaps there's even a better recommendation out there. This is a car seat for my mother's car to drive my daughters. They are almost 6 year old twins. they weigh about 35 and 42 pounds and are average to short in terms of height. In my car they are in Radians 80s. I prefer to keep them in 5 points harness as long as possible. thx. Elyse

ADS

autumnlily

I *think* they are still a good choice. I know the other recommendation is often the Frontier -- but for a secondary car I think it may be a bit of a stretch.

We :love: our GN and our Frontier. If I had a choice to buy a GN or Frontier again.. I'd buy the GN (I have a skinny girl and the Frontier sort of swallows her up) without a second thought.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yup! For smaller kids they tend to fit better than the Frontier, and the Frontier is much more expensive. We have a Nautilus and love it, both in harness and booster mode for my petite Piper. It's got slightly higher top slots as well than the Frontier. Not much, but a hair.

Wendy

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yes, perfect choice, and harnesses a bit more/longer than the Radians you have, so at some point, they will outgrow the radians, and you will still have another 6 months or so of harness left in the Nautili, and then they usually make a good booster for a child who has outgrown theharness, so I foresee them becoming your primary seats in a few years!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC