MA RF in 2005 Dodge Durango- tether help!

ateammom

I just received my MA today (YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!) and have installed it in my 2005 durango RF. Does anyone have any idea how to use the tether? The owner's manual says that the tether anchors are at the bottom of the back of the 2nd row seats (where I have the MA), but the only instructions given are for FF. Could I thread the tether under the seat?

ADS

oxeye

No Britax doesn't allow you to tether under the seat the carseat is installed on. The best thing to do would be to find an immobile part that is bolted to the floor (seatbelt stalk or leg of the front seat) and use the D-ring the seat comes with to wrap around that part and attach the tether to it.

Or you could tether using the Australian method and use the tether anchor on the seat with the carseat. There should be a picture of this in the manual but I don't think many people use this method.

ateammom

The Aussie way looks like a PITA! I noticed that in some of the pics of the Swedish method, the seat was tethered under the seat that the car seat was in. Has Britax changed their recommendation since then?

oxeye

I was just researching this on this forum a couple weeks ago and one of the techs said that Britax changed their recommendation in the past couple years and states that using the Swedish method to tether you need to tether down or forward.

I'll look for the thread and post it for you. :)

ateammom

Thanks so much for your help. I'll play with it today and see what I come up with. I might give Britax a call and see if it's still a no-no.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC