Olivia on Nick Jr.

zactayaus

My kids are watching "Olivia" on Nick Jr. Olivia's family was just riding in the car. My 11yo DD just said "OMG mom, Olivia is like 5yo and she's not even in a booster seat. Well at least she's using the seat belt correctly." I have so brain washed my kids.:p

ADS

Kat_Momof3

lol... I've noticed it, too... but I'd point out to her... "OMG, sweetie, those pigs are so smart that they made seatbelts that adjust to fit a 5yr old without a booster! I wish people would do that in cars, don't you?"

And from her speech, I would point out that Olivia is probably the most mature 5yr old on earth (and I would guess her real age if she were alive would be more like age 7)... not that I obsess about these things, right?

ame0312

i keep meaning to make a thread about olivia... riya loves her! how about william's (the baby) car seat? it looks like its about to choke him, not to mention he should be rear facing... lol!

Evolily

They also seem to somehow be able to fit more kids in that vehicle than they have seats....

not that I ever over analyze childrens shows

judesmommy

Blue's Clues has an episode where they go on a road trip. Blue can't leave until she gets buckled into her booster seat! I think they even have a song that goes along with it. Blue looks under 35lbs. though so maybe she should be ERF... just kidding ;)

Ducky5306

my ds just said today as we got into the car "Olivia doesn't have to go in a car seat!" I told him when he turns into a talking cartoon pig then he'll be able to use a seatbelt too :thumbsup:

Niea

DD LOVES Olivia, so we watch it all the time. For the record, Olivia is officially 6 3/4 years old. The thing that bugs me the most, carseat-wise, is that her baby brother Ian is in a 3-pt seat, not a 5-pt. LOL

Kat_Momof3

DD LOVES Olivia, so we watch it all the time. For the record, Olivia is officially 6 3/4 years old. The thing that bugs me the most, carseat-wise, is that her baby brother Ian is in a 3-pt seat, not a 5-pt. LOL

so I WAS right about what age she should be.

Anyway... that bugs me, too... Ruthie asked about it... I told her that you don't see them because of the angle of the picture... that he's a pudgy pig and you can't see them because they are at the crease (and showed her where the crease of the hip is on her)... she was satisfied with that.

The real answer is probably laziness (easier to draw a 3-point) and also because they are probably going by what they remember riding in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC