Britax customer service problem

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I have 4 britax seats so lots of money invested i called with a few issues and they WILL NOT HELP i sent them pictures as requested the lady just keeps telling me i see nothing wrong OMG i wish safeguard still made seats i would rather put my money into any other company at this point i even went as far as telling her graco had better customer service then they do OMG she was arguing with me and just kept offering me a marathon for 125 I don't want to buy another seat this one has 4 years left on it I want them to stand behind their product! GAH i know this does not make much since but i am livid and crying right now

Last edited:
ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Re: OMG Britax customer servace is the worst!

What is the problem with the seat?

Britax has a one-year warranty. That's how long they are willing to stand by their products (in fairness, that's pretty standard in the industry). If the seat is out of warranty, they're not wrong in refusing to replace it.

Maggie

I had a Marathon with 3 yrs left and the adjuster was squeaking badly and slipping a bit. They offered me a new MA for $125 and I thought that was a very fair deal. It was out of warranty, so they didn't have to do anything at all, so I thought it was generous of them to offer me a brand new one for that price.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member

i know their warranty thanks i just did not use this seat rear facing much before and so when i went to i have now noticed the head rest on my boulevard pushes the kids head way forward i have two and this one does it not my other one so i know there is something wrong with it I called a few months ago about it and never heard back so i called again today about this issue and my allies cover being crappy i washed it once and the safety warning is falling off. then my FPSVD latch adjuster strap never worked i never used it but called back in 07 they said they would send me a new one they never did so i asked her about that as well she refused to help with any of it and just wanted me to buy new seats they can kiss my butt they have records of every time i have called so when i did call was under the time frame still they dropped the ball i forgot and so i remembered and called back now nothing. that's why im frustrated they really are not standing behind their product

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

Did you machine-wash the Allie cover?

I am sorry you are frustrated -- I really am. But if you need to get issues resolved while they are still under warranty, then it's on you to make sure you are still under the warranty. And I'm not surprised that they are not sending you an FPSVD they promised two years ago if this is the first reminder they've had, and the seats have been discontinued for some time. I don't think they're being super-duper, but I don't think they are being unfair either.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member

yes well you did not talk to the lady on the phone obviously i cant vent so i will just delete the thread

Jennifer mom to my 7

i just did not use this seat rear facing much before and so when i went to i have now noticed the head rest on my boulevard pushes the kids head way forward i have two and this one does it not my other one so i know there is something wrong with it

HAve you tried adjusting the headrest up and then back down? did you use this seat ff? If you did, then you would have had the same problem. Double check the headrest. I do know another poster had issues with a boulevard headrest pushing forward too much.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Re: OMG Britax customer service is the worst!

If they were rude, that's unprofessional. But it seems to me that you were asking for things you are not entitled to, and if you were arguing FOR those things, it's not inappropriate that they were arguing against it. I'm no fan of Britax, but based on what you are writing, I can't conclude that they were in the wrong.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member

HAve you tried adjusting the headrest up and then back down? did you use this seat ff? If you did, then you would have had the same problem. Double check the headrest. I do know another poster had issues with a boulevard headrest pushing forward too much.

yes i have when i adjust it it makes this awful clicking sound and it almost bruises my fingers i just washed the covers and everything so i know nothing is in the way

and i used it mostly in the highest position and the distance between the seat then is smaller so it does not push as much my daycar kiddo never had a problem its when its in the middle position like halfway down its the worst

mykidsmylife

There is one lady there that is a total well you know. I am assuming you are talking to her. LOL. I didn't get crap from her.

I have NEVER had issues with them (except her).

I hope things get resolved.

My older Blvd had that happen with the headwings. It also did that clicking. It was off track. I don't remember how I fixed it though, but I did.

jujumum

Re: Mods please delete

I'm sorry - I feel your pain.:( I'm transitioning out of all my britax seats.

ZephyrBlue

I think there has been a change in the customer service policy at Britax in the recent past. Over the years (almost 10 since I bought my first Britax seat), my experience with them has been stellar; they replaced a seat for me that was 4 years old, as well as 2 covers that were well past the 1 year warranty period. I was told that since I had so many seats registered (11 at the time, I think) that they were happy to replace for me as a thank you for being such a good customer.

When I called last year about my Parkway headrest not locking, I was told that they would replace w/a PWSG, then that didn't happen, they refunded me the price of the original PW, but since I had bought it on sale, it was less than I would need to fund a new, working one.. Not completely unreasonable, I guess, but I was also told that the 1 year warranty also meant 1 year from date of purchase (I proved that I had purchased less than 1 year ago), and was promised a new seat, not a refund. Then the csr had to talk with several managers, and it took 3 days to resolve, blah blah blah.

Definately a change. But, honestly, no company has to go above and beyond honoring their own warranty policy. I agree w/the PP who said that offering a new seat at a discount is a fair offer. I believe that Graco and Evenflo do the same, IIRC.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member

I've had nothing but great luck with Britax CS. I recieved a replacement cover for my Fontier no problem. Any other issues I've had with the seats once they were out of warranty were my issue to deal with. You will find not many manufacturers are going to replace a seat or provide parts outside of the warranty period unless there is a serious issue with the product.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Moderators do not generally delete threads in the public areas of the forum unless there is a severe problem that can't be remedied via deleting or editing individual posts.

We have reviewed the thread and do not feel that any lines have been crossed, and as such the thread is not going to be deleted. What I can do is close it for you if that is your preference. If you would like the thread closed feel free to use the report post feature on your first post and request that we close the thread. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC