Lexus RX 350- 3 Across?

SMP1376

My sister just found out she will be having twins! Currently Grandma is trying to decide if she will need to purchase a new vehicle since she babysits a few days a week. It is possible to have 3 across in a 2008 Lexus RX350? She will need 2 infant carriers and 1 FF seat. Currently the seats we have to choose from are 2- Britax Companions for the infants, and a MA, RA, or BLVD for the FF. She is open to purchasing new seats/ extra bases vs. a new car! Any suggestions or experiences you can share would be appreciated.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How old and heavy is the forward facing child?

Britaxes are not very three across friendly without the aid of at least one Radian, unfortunately.

Wendy

SMP1376

By the time the babies get here early summer she will be 3. I predict she will be over the RF limit of 35 lbs as well.

mfrasier

I have an 330 and a 350 so far the only problem I have run into is that the edge on RF seats like an avenue or alpha omega they like to try and ride down into the middle of the 60/40 split. This being said the bench is long and wide, and I haven't really had a problem installing anything other than the crack issue. The 350 is in Texas right now, but when is your sister due? I can see what BRU will let me play with for you near the end of Dec. I would rather not take the 330 over to BRU here in Iowa, its snowing and cold but there's always tomorrow if you want to know ASAP

SMP1376

Oh no, no need to go through all that effort! She is not due until June but Grandpa takes forever to pick out a new vehicle! I could do that for them sometime I when I am at home visiting.

mfrasier

playing with car seats is always more fun than anything else I should be doing anyway...

I will be down in Texas to switch the cars out around christmas and then moving there for a few months in the spring so I'll have the 350 the whole time after Dec.

It is a big bench but a few tips I've heard are
if the companions let you install without bases installing that was is a good way to get an inch or so more room on either side. Also using the seat belts instead of the LATCH system will give you more space than LATCH

pingjoy

I have a Subaru Outback and the only way I could fit 3 across was to get at least 2 Sunshine Radians. I have 2 Radians and one Graco ComfortSport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC