Radian XTSL availability in Canada? (s/o from Re: trouble tightening harness on Radian XT SL in installations section)

U

Unregistered

Hello; sorry this is offtopic a bit but I am wondering if any of you in Canada have the XTSL version of the Radian yet and if not, do you know when it is available here? We have the older version but would like to upgrade to the new one. We have no problems with our car seat by the way;not the harness adjuster nor folding it.

Thanks.

kshykula

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Not off topic at all, and I believe it should be available in the next month or so based on the last date I heard. Maybe somebody else has a more up to date ETA though since I haven't contacted them or a store in awhile. :)

canadiangie

I was told "in the next few weeks" when I asked the other day. Basically, for most retailers it should be the "next shipment". Whatever that means. :p

simplychels

I've had mine pre-ordered since October. I emailed the other day asking when they would be shipping out to me and the response was Mid december and I'll have it before Christmas.

We shall see.

NewfieMoma

I've had mine pre-ordered since October. I emailed the other day asking when they would be shipping out to me and the response was Mid december and I'll have it before Christmas.

We shall see.

Same here... I am ubber excited... The girls will both be in Radians in less then a month :):love:

U

Unregistered

I'm only seeing XTs as all of these retailers, not XTSLs. Can anyone post a direct link to the XTSLs? This is the first I've heard of them being available in Canada.

amyd

What is the difference between the Premier and the XT? The head wings look different....anything other than that?

There really aren't headwings per se on the Premier...just how the shell is kinda flared out at the top. The XT has headwings that move up & down & are usable with the top 3 slots.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

XTSL is the US name, it's XT 2010 in Canada.

Why is the weight limit 80lbs Max for Forward Facing Harnessed in the USA? On the Canadian sites with the XT 2010 it says 65lbs Max for Forward Facing Harnessed?

Is there a difference in the seat or does it have to do with some law? Just wondering if I should look into ordering off of an American site for the extra weight limit or if the seats are exactly the same? 15lbs just seems like a big difference is all..

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We don't have seats that go to 80lbs harnessed here in Canada. It is a legal definition thing, but in reality it's not a problem for most. Most children outgrow a seat by height well before weight, so that extra 15lbs is really only beneficial if you have an obese child.

You cannot purchase a seat in the US and use it in Canada, it's illegal to do so and you could be ticketed. Stick with the Canadian seat, and don't worry about the differences in the weight limits. It should never be an issue.

-Nicole.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Most kids will outgrow the Radians around 60 lbs. anyway. It would be a short-torsoed chubby kid that actually had shoulders below the top slots at 65, and tall thin ones it will be more like 50-55. Now, they say that technically you can use it with shoulders over top slots under some circumstances-- but especially with the XT that's going to be really uncomfortable for the kid, so not something I'd do in most situations anyway. The top slots are lower than the Nautilus and Frontier. :)

U

Unregistered

Most kids will outgrow the Radians around 60 lbs. anyway. It would be a short-torsoed chubby kid that actually had shoulders below the top slots at 65, and tall thin ones it will be more like 50-55. Now, they say that technically you can use it with shoulders over top slots under some circumstances-- but especially with the XT that's going to be really uncomfortable for the kid, so not something I'd do in most situations anyway. The top slots are lower than the Nautilus and Frontier. :)

Thanks Quasse and KetchupQueen

Is the Radian 2010 a good seat? I have a 16mo old baby girl who is about 29" and 18lbs.. She has outgrown her carrier seat and it expires this month anyhow.. So I am looking to purchase a new seat very soon.. I was also considering a new seat for my 3.5yr old daughter who is 35lbs and 39" as she will be outgrowing her harnessed seat at 40lbs.. I would like to keep her harnessed longer because I know she is not mature enough to sit properly with only a booster and seat belt..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's an awesome seat. I'd probably not spend extra money on the new model for the 3 year old if you plan to use it forward-facing though. If you need a Radian for the narrowness there are cheaper models. The big draw of this one is the 45 lbs. rear-facing weight limit.

If you plan to use it forward-facing only and have room (meaning you don't need the Radian for the narrowness) the Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier would get more use, since they turn into boosters after the (taller) harness is outgrown. :)

If you want to re-rear-face her, though, it would be able to, almost certainly. I turned my daughters back rear-facing at 5 and 3 years old (the 5 year old by her choice, after we gave in to her begging for a rear-facing seat) after they had been forward-facing since about 1 1/2 (she had some sensory issues that forced us to turn her) and 2 respectively. They are quite happy that way (most of the time. ;) )

U

Unregistered

It's an awesome seat. I'd probably not spend extra money on the new model for the 3 year old if you plan to use it forward-facing though. If you need a Radian for the narrowness there are cheaper models. The big draw of this one is the 45 lbs. rear-facing weight limit.

If you plan to use it forward-facing only and have room (meaning you don't need the Radian for the narrowness) the Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier would get more use, since they turn into boosters after the (taller) harness is outgrown. :)

If you want to re-rear-face her, though, it would be able to, almost certainly. I turned my daughters back rear-facing at 5 and 3 years old (the 5 year old by her choice, after we gave in to her begging for a rear-facing seat) after they had been forward-facing since about 1 1/2 (she had some sensory issues that forced us to turn her) and 2 respectively. They are quite happy that way (most of the time. ;) )

Thanks, Is there much difference between the XT and the Premier for front facing?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The XT has headwings. You wouldn't need the 2010 model to get them though. :) Headwings for forward-facing children do make me a bit more comfortable with the Radian because taller children, nearer the limits of the Radian by height forward-facing, sometimes do not have super-wonderful head containment without them-- it just makes me feel better. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC