The perfect seat

steph_s

So it doesn't exist, but I was wondering (spin off another thread) what would YOU put in the perfect seat?

The obvious:
-New parents must take class on installation and proper use before discharge from the hospital
-clear directions
-Good price point (infant seats under $80, Convertibles under $200 and boosters under $70) so everyone can afford them easier! Plus you would have the market cornered and would sell so many you could make them cheaper and still make a profit to use the money for new technology research.
-ease of installation

For me, here are my perfect seats...
Infant seat:
-Always front adjusters, but nice like the keyfit (like a warm knife through butter).
-Comes with an attached "bundle me" sort of thing
-No more U shaped head supports but instead something that is more like rolled towels
-SIP
-Infinite harness adjusters
-Taller harness slots
-No stupid handle rule, or better yet get rid of the stupid handle and use the strap like before. (can't remember the name of the seat)
-Can we please re-design the bases so people stop hooking their seats to shopping carts. The base design makes those infant seats really easy to fit into carts which is no good!

Convertible seat
-High rear facing 45lb limit
-High harness slots
-Able to adjust height for rf infants so when they need the full recline you can fit it in your vehicle along with when they are more upright and have gotten taller (similar to the trufit, but a better design of it)
-Low sides so ERF can sit cross legged with no issues
-A base that allows a gap between the seat and the vehicle seat for ERF
-SIP, infinite harness adjusters
-Converts to a decent HBB similar to the Nautilus
-20in harness height like the Regent when fully extended
-Narrow to fit 3 across or at least so it isn't impossible to do 3 across with
-RF top tether
-Lower latch anchors where you can connect them, push down on the seat and it's tight (would prevent mis-use)
-No chest clip!! I'm so sick of belly clips that the whole chest clip thing here is a tad pointless.
-Rule posted a lot on the actual seat that states you can't turn your child ff until they outgrow the rf height or weight!
-Possible base like the infant seat, but sturdier for older kids which would eliminate the need for tons of seats for spare cars and therefore eliminate the misuse of most convertibles from parents who move their kids one seat from car to car.

Booster
-HBB that converts to a NBB
-Narrow, but without the curved edges on the seat part. I liked the old pkwy for 3 across, but didn't like how it sort of made the kids fall forward out of the seat. The curved edges of the seats make it so older kids don't fit side to side as well
-Latch
-SIP and ability to make it wider like the Monterey (but can make it smaller because the Monterey does not fit my munchkin at all)
-Fits smaller and bigger booster riders the same
-No arm rests, but still able to convert to a nbb for 3 across situations
-More padding on the seats as most of them have little to none and when the kids get older it gets uncomfortable
-Slight recline so when older kids fall asleep they don't slump as much. The little kids seem to do ok, but the bigger kids not so much.
-Tons of cover choices so bigger kids will want to ride in their seats and can change the covers easily and cheaply!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Rigid LATCH that you could dial sideways or wider to make it fit in any LATCH or center spot (Pretend borrowing center LATCH is ok in every car, of course ;))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC