Question What FF carseat next to a RF MyRide?

U

Unregistered

I have three carseats in my Honda CRV. One backless booster behind driver, want to put a myride in the middle (currently home to a safeseat), and currently own a Graco Cargo behind the passenger. The Myride and Cargo will not fit next to each other and I want to replace the Cargo anyways. My question though will anything fit next to a my ride rfing? What about a radian? We will definitely outgrow a seat height wise before weight and the myride is about as big as I can go rear facing before it starts hitting the front seats. Anyone with experience about what will fit?

ADS
U

Unregistered

A 7 yo in the booster, a 7 month old in the safeseat/myride (weigh 23lbs and is about 30" tall or more), and a 3.5 year old in the cargo. The 3.5 year old weights 35ish lbs and is about average height (he is too tall for the myride if that gives you an idea). Budget, I'd like to keep the myride and buy one more seat (less than $200 preferably). I know I can't fit a britax back there. My CRV is a 2004.

Mama Jo

I was able to puzzle a Graco Nautilus next to a ff'ing MyRide (on the non-cupholder side of the Nautilus)... I didn't try it with the MyRide rf'ing in my vehicle, but I seem to remember it working on the test bench at Babies R Us. Also, the Radian is pretty narrow, that would probably 'fit' but I think I remember someone here had tried it but because the MyRide really overlapped it alot due to the huge size difference, they were concerned about that.

Also, if possible, can you fit a high-back Turbo Booster in there instead of a backless booster for the 7 year old? That will provide quite a bit more protection and also a lot more comfort if he/she happens to ever fall asleep in the car. At one time I was able to fit a Turbo, a ff Nautilus and a ff MyRide across one row.

Pixels

The MyRide and Radian overlap a lot when they are facing the same direction. I'm not sure about facing opposite directions.

mkmama

I have a RF MyRide puzzled next to a Graco Nautilus in a three-across. The only way I can do it is to install the Nauti first, then install the MyRide next to it with a seatbelt install. If I install the MR first, I cannot get a tight independent install on the Nauti. This is in an '04 Impala.

Misty-Bug

what kind of belt do you have in the center? I don't remember. I would also get a HBB for the child in a booster.
I have no experience with the MR, sorry but have been able to get the Nauti installed with other seats to get a three across. The radian can be tricky to install with a shoulder belt. I would think that if you don't need the seat to RF there is no point getting one that RF's also. I am not sure how the nauti would fit but maybe you have a store near by that you can try it at?

Laurette

I don't know about you vehicle specifically but I was able to install a Nautilus/RadianXTSL/MyRide in my own vehicle. It only worked with the Radian and MyRide facing the same direction. I am trying to upload pics right now.

I don't think the MyRide overlaps the Radian much at all and where it does it still leaves plenty of room for a child. MORE room IMO that a Marathon over laping a Radiain. The MyRide sits up very high and the Radain sits very low. Plus the seem to curve in around the same spots.

Laurette

This is how they overlap Rearfacing:
IMG_0163.jpg

Forward facing:
IMG_0169.jpg

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I like how my (FF) Nautilus and (RF) MR puzzle together. But I have a feeling that would change based on the contours of the seats... I have fairly straight, flat benches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC