So what seat has the most leg room RF

tracee877

besides Radian and TF? DS2 is all scrunched in his MA so I think it has to go soon. He has long legs and his stats are in my siggy.

The Radian is out since it installs horribly in our cars and I already have a TF. So no Radians, TF's or Britax. Here are some features that I want in order of importance:

1. RF leg room
2. RF lock offs or does't tip when installed with seat belt locked at retractor
3. deluxe LATCH anchors (like Britax and TF)
4. doesn't take up a lot of room front to back

So what would you choose? I also have a 20% coupon for BRU so a seat there would be a plus.:)

ETA that the EFTA is also out.

ADS

tracee877

I had an EFTA a while back and it didn't install well with the seat belt at all. Plus those darn knobs were buried in the back of the seat. I should edit to say this one's out too.:eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The My Ride meets criteria 1 and 4. It could meet #2 but I've only installed with LATCH so I have no idea about seat belt install. I dislike the LATCH hooks, BUT once it's installed, we reinstalls ours VERY rarely, so I am dealing with it. My dad moves the MR around several times per week and he isn't bothered by the crappy LATCH hooks. He said, he preferred the TF hooks, but he's fine with these. He's happier that the MR is easier to loosen/tighten the harness for my mom (she had issues with the TF). The install, he does, and my mom doesn't have to touch. The MR is overall easier for her to use, so he's happier with the overall ease of use.

Also, DD is happier in the MR than the TF. I am mouring the TF now, so I tend towards likeing it better, but I think it's really just my disappointment that the MR isn't PERFECT and also has some flaws. Overall, DD is happier in it, it's easier to get her in and out (by everyone on both vehicles) and did I mention DD is happier in it? How nice that she actually ENJOYS sitting in it. Even when she doesn't want to get in the car she tells me "my chocolate seat is comfy so I will sit in it" and gets in (she has Sonata and she calls it chocolate!).

tracee877

You could import a TWE?? :)

Haha, I wish!

The My Ride meets criteria 1 and 4. It could meet #2 but I've only installed with LATCH so I have no idea about seat belt install. I dislike the LATCH hooks, BUT once it's installed, we reinstalls ours VERY rarely, so I am dealing with it. My dad moves the MR around several times per week and he isn't bothered by the crappy LATCH hooks. He said, he preferred the TF hooks, but he's fine with these. He's happier that the MR is easier to loosen/tighten the harness for my mom (she had issues with the TF). The install, he does, and my mom doesn't have to touch. The MR is overall easier for her to use, so he's happier with the overall ease of use.

Also, DD is happier in the MR than the TF. I am mouring the TF now, so I tend towards likeing it better, but I think it's really just my disappointment that the MR isn't PERFECT and also has some flaws. Overall, DD is happier in it, it's easier to get her in and out (by everyone on both vehicles) and did I mention DD is happier in it? How nice that she actually ENJOYS sitting in it. Even when she doesn't want to get in the car she tells me "my chocolate seat is comfy so I will sit in it" and gets in (she has Sonata and she calls it chocolate!).

I am considering a My Ride or Complete Air at the moment. There's just something about the My Ride I don't care for looks-wise. But I've never had one so I might need to try it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I am considering a My Ride or Complete Air at the moment. There's just something about the My Ride I don't care for looks-wise. But I've never had one so I might need to try it.
Ya, I didn't like it either, I just liked the CA and Radian LESS, so I bought the MR thinking if DD hated it, I'd just get one of the others. She ended up loving the freakin' thing. The CA won't cut it for her because of the colours (a year ago the colours wouldn't have mattered) and she doesn't like the Radian because she isn't as cozy and NO cupholders! Ha, wherever did she put her Smurfs without the cupholders? ;)

tracee877

LOL! I actually love the Harvest CA. My fave color is orange.:love: Also, every.single.time I go to BRU the darn MR is sold out. Good for other people I guess but not for me!

Mommy2Marcus

I absolutly :love: :love: :love: my MR. I have installed it quickly & easily RF & FF. I have installed it FF with LATCH & seat belt, but not RF with LATCH only with the seat belt. I have found it to be rediculously easy to install any way you go about it. It meets 1 & 4 for sure. It did tip some in my car when installed with a locked seat belt, but to be honest I think it was b/c of how Marcus climbs into the seat & not for any other reason. So I would think that it would meet #2 as well. The only thing I can see it not meeting is the #3. It also offers TONS of leg room. Marcus is 3 with fairly long legs & it works great for him leaving him very comfy.

Other than the MR & the CA I am not sure there are any other seats that fit all your requirements besides the EFTA & you said it was out. I would take him to BRU & try both the MR & CA to see which you like best.

Kat_Momof3

My ride or CA

what vehicle are you using (curious as the EFTA is usually an easy install, even with the knobs getting a wee bit buried)

tracee877

My ride or CA

what vehicle are you using (curious as the EFTA is usually an easy install, even with the knobs getting a wee bit buried)

2004 Explorer and 2006 Accord. I use LATCH in the Explorer and I have to use the seatbelt in the Accord since it has stupid off set LATCH and I need all 3 seats.

The new seat would most likely go in the Accord since that's where the MA is now. The Explorer is the main vehicle which is where the TF is. Unless I find a seat I love more than the TF it will stay where it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC