hi there..question.

mommy030609

I have been lurking on here for a while. You ladies got me wanting all sorts of new seats! lol My husband hates it! ha. Anyways..i was just wondering what kind of carseat i should get for my 3 in half yr old. She is 39" with a 14" torso and 31lbs. I have been joking about turning her rf and she actually said she wants it! she has been forward facing since 1 and a half so i was suprised. Thanks for any help.

ADS
L

LuciaBella

It looks like you've done a good job lurking, as you want to turn her around! If you are really serious about turning her around then that's awesome!:thumbsup: If you aren't so sure, maybe think about it for a while.

The reason I say that is because you are better off buying a seat that is getting your money's worth out of it. If you buy a convertible and she will never be RF again, thats a feature and money you could invest into something else.

If you want to RF, I would do a radian xtsl. it goes up to 45lbs RF, then 80 FF. It's the highest RF weight limit for american car seats.

For FF, maybe a graco nautilus? It harnessed until 65lbs, then turns into a belt positioning booster, then a backless.

Last edited:

MANDY1234

You're not crazy! and she probley would love it! My 5 yr old begs all the time to RF like her sisters! The 3 yr old was turned at a yr and re RFed a yr ago. She loves it! Last week my car was in the shop and we used our spare seats...my 3 yo gave the baby the evil eye eveytime we got into the car cause she couldn;t RF lol

I would get her a Radian (any model) to RF her for the extra time! I love mine!!!

mommy030609

Thanks. I have been looking at the nautilus until she said she wouldnt mind sitting rf..so that got me thinking..lol I never thought about it until i came on here and saw how many people have their little ones rf at an older age:) I will have to go and check out the radian.

Jennifer mom to my 7

What seat is she in now? If her torso really is only 14 inches, she would still have plenty of time left to rf and ff in the radian, or even the complete air.

L

LuciaBella

Thanks. I have been looking at the nautilus until she said she wouldnt mind sitting rf..so that got me thinking..lol I never thought about it until i came on here and saw how many people have their little ones rf at an older age:) I will have to go and check out the radian.

I would probably stray away from the Recaro's for an older child. They don't have nearly as much leg room as the Radians or Britax's. (see comparison pic).
If she's on the taller ride: Radian or Complete air. Shorter side: Britax.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What seat is she in now? If her torso really is only 14 inches, she would still have plenty of time left to rf and ff in the radian, or even the complete air.
And the MR. DD has a taller torso than that and has 2" to grow yet in the MR. So, at 3.5, with a torso that height, it would keep her RF till > than 4 I'd say.

Heather86

My ds has almost the same stats at 40in tall 33lbs and a 14in torso and is rf in the myride he's quite happy rf and the myride is a decent ff seat as well hth :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC