Just checking...the radian is my only choice, right?

Melodiya99

DD just turned 3, and we saw 34lbs on the scale for the first time a couple days ago. She's 42" tall, but I think her torso is only about 15"... She hits a little above the middle of the headrest on the TF. Just from looking at pics, I'm guessing she'll have 3-4" of room in the radian: not as much as I'd like, but I'm thinking that's my only option to keep her rf? Am I somehow not thinking of some perfect seat for us? I don't think I'll be super comfortable putting her in the CA since she's already so far above the standing height. Help me decide:eek:

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How is she in the TF compared to this?

preview_imgp34250.jpg

This child has 2" growing room in the MR (3" above her head). If your DD fits any taller than this, you're options are CA or Radian. If you don't want to go above the CA 40" rule (and I understand not wanting to) then the Radian is your only choice. I am one for following the RF height limits (since they are often not accompanied by rules like FF height limits are, but rather are just a stated limit) but with the frustration I have with the Radian and how I don't feel install feel solid compared to other seats, I'd likely choose the CA. BUT, that is my personal opinion and you may get better installs with the Radian in your vehicle than I have in the 2 vehicles I use.

Melodiya99

techno,

I think her head hits about 1" higher than the girl in your pic. I figured that the mr wouldn't be the seat for us since both my girls are so tall (my 16mo is already 34" and her torso is almost as tall as dd1:eek:) But I am concerned about radian install: I can't seem to find info on installing rf in an 99-04 odyssey. We also have an 02 chevy impala, so I'd love to hear how it installs in that if anyone knows.

Melodiya99

yeah, jerseygirl...she's a tall one, but thankfully pretty leggy:) I'll definitely count your vote in my decision;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am personally not at all concerned about the standing height limit on the CA; I think it's not any different than going over any other standing height limit. But that is my personal opinion so take it with a healthy dose of salt. :)

Melodiya99

Ketchupqueen, I know that in my head, but it still bugs me a bit. I think if it were my only real option I'd do it, but I think I partly want the 45lb limit...just knowing that dd1 won't outgrow the seat by weight and also dd2 has more chub to her, so it might be nice having the higher weight seat to pass down.

So I ordered a petal xtsl last night:D Should get here today!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC