Evenflo serenade

mamom

UPDATE # 27

Did anyone else get the new Evenflo email that mentions the new infant seat-the serenade that is coming out on Dec. 15 of this year? It No longer has the z handle. It also has the red tabs. I emailed them to see if the handle could stay up. If this has been posted I am sorry, I searched for serenade and didn't see anything.

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

The name goes right along with the Symphony and Maestro. I wonder what's next, the Overture?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
WOW. I'm impressed so far. Other than this typo on their own page for it, "Side Impact Tested! Like all Evenflo car seats, the Symphony™ 65 is Side Impact Tested AND meets U.S. safety standards."

I hope the handle can stay up.

Wendy

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I wouldn't count on the handle being able to be left up, but I guess stranger things have happened... I recall reading awhile back that an Evenflo engineer had indicated that their seats performed better with the handle down and that was the reasoning. However, with the new design in the handle maybe they'll allow it to be left up - perhaps they realized they were losing market share because of the handle rule and decided to change it?

I hope the price point stays reasonable on it... If they keep the price reasonable, this seat will be hugely popular and that will mean less rear adjust infant seats out there. ;)

eta: I've also been amused by the names of their new seats. And on a separate thought, I wonder if there's been a "changing of the guards" so to speak at Evenflo? They've been coming out with some nice seats lately - all that's left is for them to come out with a new booster with better SIP and that's a little sturdier, and they'll have a nice line up of seats for all stages...

BabyKaykes

It's really cute. And it says available at BRU Dec 15th.

If it falls in line with the rest of their seats, it shouldn't cost much. The new Generations is still only $100, the Meastro is only $80, and the Discovery was practically a steal at as low as $60 at times.

I personally could give a rat's butt if the handle has to be up or down, seeing as GenPop doesn't read the manual, as long as the thing stays on it's base, I'm good!

ETA: Just noticed it says 5-35lb, wonder how big it is?

Spam

It also has the surelatch like the symphony. It looks like a move in the right direction. I hate the discovery.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I hope the handle can be left up and that the harness adjusts really low like some of their other infant seats, for the tiny babies.

Kat_Momof3

Doing the happy bye-bye horrible handle dance.

Even if it has to be down... it's still an improvement... especially to have the tabs and the front-adjust harness.

I think Evenflo has finally realized their previous seats were crud compared to some of their recent offerings.

ETA - OMFG - the seat is due to be released on my BIRTHDAY!! So it better be awesome... I say so!

TiaxMarie

Looks way better than the Discovery or Embrace! Love the fabric choice, too. And it is 5-35lbs! WTG Evenflo!:thumbsup:

L

LuciaBella

Go Evenflo. They need this for me to give them more brownie points in the infant seat department. I wonder which stores it will be in.

Yeah about that handle...grr maybe it has to be down but it can touch the seat it doesn't have the 1.5inch rule... (wishful thinking??)

Someone mentioned something about Evenflo's infant seats crash testing better with the handle down and that's why its required to be down... I remember hearing this too a while back. Why don't they hope on the bandwagon with Graco and Chicco and learn how to make the handles up!

About the "sureLATCH" I hope to God they aren't as big as they are on the symphony!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, tell you one thing. Now people won't pick the embrace, just because of the stupid handle.

Valentine

I love the idea of Infinite Slide on a bucket. Granted I'm nitpicking here, but if the harness goes low enough, it would've been incredible for this to have a 4 lb minimum!

TerisBoys

Looks interesting.

I'm trying to figure out where I've seen that handle before. The black rubber grippy things on the "corners" - I've seen them on another seat.

ETA - did anyone else notice that it's also got a 35# weight limit?

Pixels

Anyone else notice that they changed the chest clip vs their convertibles? Good. It was a bit big on newborns.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Finale, followed by an Encore in the future product naming scheme? ;) I'm also curious about what the price point will be on the Serenade, and thinking the SureLatch connectors probably would bump up the price compared to earlier Evenflo models. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC